FYI Bio zoom ZZZZZZZZ

Old December 27th 06, 05:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Juan Jimenez[_1_]

Default FYI Bio zoom ZZZZZZZZ

"Al G" wrote in message

Juan, you do realized, don't you, that before there was an "ultralight"
category of less than 300kg, there was, and still is, a less than 500kg
category.

Which was not part of the FAI categories in 1981. Give it a rest.

Al, sonny, Marco knows it had not flown when the record application was
submitted.

Sonny? Jeez Louise, how old a do you think you are?

Old enough to know better than you.

Old January 2nd 07, 10:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
anon

"ChuckSlusarczyk" wrote in message
A commercially rated pilot, Campbell has earned Flight instructor Ratings
(CFI/A/I/ME/H) in fixed and rotary wing aircraft, and logged over 17,000
flight
hours in over 1100 different ultralights, jets, multi-engine A/C,
helicopters,
gyroplanes, autogyros, sailplanes, seaplanes, kit aircraft and general
aviation
birds.

Has anybody done the math on 17,000 flight hours?

If you flew one hour a day, it would take you 47 years to get 17,000 hours.

Old January 2nd 07, 11:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
red12049[_1_]

Actually, he would have had to fly 2 hours a day, 365 days a year, missing
NO days, from the time he was 17 until now. Spoke with a retired Delta
pilot the other day. He has a bit over 17000 hours, including Marine
reserve time. According to him, in the "old" days, a retired airline pilot
would average about 22-24000 hours, but since the changes, starting in the
70's, most average about the same as he. The avergae aircraft owner/pilot
flies about 95-125 hours a year, according to the stats. You figure out who
is telling the truth.

Just my .02. YMMV

Old January 3rd 07, 12:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
anon

"red12049" wrote in message
Actually, he would have had to fly 2 hours a day, 365 days a year, missing
NO days, from the time he was 17 until now.

And I guess he really racked up the hours flying ultralights when his
medical was yanked. How did he have time to skydive?

Old January 3rd 07, 12:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Dan[_2_]

anon wrote:
"red12049" wrote in message
Actually, he would have had to fly 2 hours a day, 365 days a year, missing
NO days, from the time he was 17 until now.

And I guess he really racked up the hours flying ultralights when his
medical was yanked. How did he have time to skydive?

Wing failure.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Old January 3rd 07, 01:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
BobR

Come on guys, racking up 17,000 hours would be easy. You fly 8 hours
per day, 5 days per week, 52 weeks per years for 8 1/2 years and you
have it. I am really surprised that Zoom only has 17,000 hours
considering his record.

Old January 3rd 07, 02:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Dan[_2_]

BobR wrote:
Come on guys, racking up 17,000 hours would be easy. You fly 8 hours
per day, 5 days per week, 52 weeks per years for 8 1/2 years and you
have it. I am really surprised that Zoom only has 17,000 hours
considering his record.

It's even easier if you round off your minutes. He probably rounds to
the nearest hour so 31 minutes becomes an hour. Add that to the time he
has flights of fancy.....

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Old January 3rd 07, 02:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Anthony W

Richard Riley wrote:

In your figuring, you should also note that Mr. Campbell doesn't have
any type ratings.

I think that means he has the world's record for the greatest number
of hours flown in piston powered airplanes under 12,500 lbs. And
probably the record for hours flown without an ATP.

I dunno, I think he has the worlds record for slinging bull****.

Tony
Old January 3rd 07, 04:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Al G[_1_]

"Richard Riley" wrote in message
On Tue, 2 Jan 2007 17:17:58 -0500, "anon" wrote:

[...]

No Type ratings? But he flew 1100 types. I'm not sure, but I don't think
there are 1100 types. That would be almost every aircraft type ever flown. I
do believe he would be hard pressed to show 1/10 that number. Truly a legend
in his own mind.

Haven't heard anything from the RRL. I wonder what they are up to.

Al G

Old January 3rd 07, 05:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Robert Bonomi

In article ,
Al G wrote:

"Richard Riley" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 2 Jan 2007 17:17:58 -0500, "anon" wrote:

"ChuckSlusarczyk" wrote in message
A commercially rated pilot, Campbell has earned Flight instructor
Ratings
(CFI/A/I/ME/H) in fixed and rotary wing aircraft, and logged over 17,000
flight
hours in over 1100 different ultralights, jets, multi-engine A/C,
helicopters,
gyroplanes, autogyros, sailplanes, seaplanes, kit aircraft and general
aviation
birds.

No Type ratings? But he flew 1100 types. I'm not sure, but I don't think
there are 1100 types. That would be almost every aircraft type ever flown. I
do believe he would be hard pressed to show 1/10 that number. Truly a legend
in his own mind.

Read *carefully* It doesn't say 1100 different _types_, just 1100 different
aircraft. Also note that all it says is that he has 'logged flight hours'
in those craft -- it does *NOT* say that he was the PIC. Given that it
specifies 'jets', and 'multi-engine A/C', one might suspect he's counting
'flight' time spent in the passenger compartment of scheduled airlines.

Given a lack of type ratings, one might conclude that the claimed flight time
does not include pilot/co-pilot time in anything requiring a type rating, such
as a 'multi-engine' rating, or a 'seaplane' rating. A reasonable conclusion
would be that he was a _passenger_ in those types. Lending credence to the
suspicion in the prior paragraph.

Remember, "figures don't lie, but liars can figure." grin

Zoom Cy Galley Home Built 213 May 17th 05 01:19 AM
Zoom sues...again ChuckSlusarczyk Home Built 9 April 28th 05 01:11 PM
Zoom fables on ANN ZZZZZZZZZZZZ ChuckSlusarczyk Home Built 49 July 22nd 04 06:06 PM
ANN is biased ZZZJJJ ChuckSlusarczyk Home Built 30 January 4th 04 01:58 PM