Protestor Damages Enola Gay

Old December 22nd 03, 07:43 PM
Ernest Schaal

in article , jake at
wrote on 12/22/03 7:56 PM:

On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 17:48:14 +0900, Ernest Schaal
wrote:

in article
, jake at
wrote on 12/22/03 5:23 PM:

On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 11:35:14 +0900, Ernest Schaal
wrote:

in article
, jake at
wrote on 12/22/03 11:26 AM:

the US remade japan in their own image

Do you realize how racist that statement is?

nope..
race has nothing to do with the drive for cultural hegonomy

Sorry, but your bigotry is showing. You didn't state that there was a drive
for cultural hegemony. Instead you stated that US "remade japan in their own
image," which means that there is no separate Japanese identity that
remained. The only way that could occur (which it didn't, by the way) is
that the Asians do not have a strong culture and are easily malleable to be
molded as the US saw fit. That assumption is extremely insulting of Japan,
and Asian cultures in the whole, and shows your inherent racism against
Asian cultures.

yawn..
you are now arguing against your own straw men and figments..

my position is quite clear..there was a synthesis..
If you just want to troll around flaming folk thats your
perogative,,

just dont delude yourself it relates in any way to the discussion

I can understand your yawn. You don't seem to ignore anything that is not in
line with your deeply formed opinions.

I will gladly admit that you are much more bigoted than racist. Your hatred
of America takes on the forms of an obsession. Some say they aren't
anti-American, but simply anti-Bush and the acts of the current government,
but your tirades accuse much earlier governments and your tirades are so
outrageous that it shows a deep and bitter resentment against America as a
whole, rather than a present government.

I don't know the reasons for your deep hatred of America, but your messages
give some clues for possible reasons. For instance, in a recent reply to
Cindy you mentioned that in visiting the States you found it to be the most
racist nation, and in another message you admitted to knowing nothing of
Asian history except that which intersects with European history. That makes
me think that possibly you are one of the embittered fraction of continental
Europeans who bemoan the fact that, except for Britain, European culture has
been dwarfed by American and other cultures. It is possible that you are not
European, but that seems the more likely at this time.

Having said all that, I still see, within your blatant bigotry against
America, definite racist against Asians, based in large part on your
assumptions made about the Japanese.

Old December 22nd 03, 10:37 PM
Cindy

jake wrote:

I did not find it so taboo in America..

Well, people are ambushing; awaiting to see you make *the* mistake.
Therefore, you got to watch what you're saying. There are some keywords
that you are not supposed to voice.

it is the most racist country I have ever been to and I have ravelled
the world some..

Since they are trying too hard not to be racial, their efforts turn out
to be a reverse effect. It ended up in making *everybody* feel
discriminated or neglected, even the majority.

yes there is hope ..
and when the enormity of the trick played on them sinks in
America will change..

I am sure Americans are proud of their glorious histories and good deeds
any time in the past; however, it is not quite right for them to think
that they are the same Americans as used to be, such as John Adams's
times. People are completely different by the time of the Government
because the Government is the morals and ethics guideline of the nation.

this next election will be important for the history of the world..
will they return to the fold of the civilized world and accept
the rule of law as other nations do...?

or will they descend further into barbarian behaviors and chaos..?

It shows that anyone can be the president in the USA, doesn't it?

--
"Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an
invisible government owing no allegiance and

- Theodore Roosevelt, 19 April 1906

Old December 22nd 03, 11:16 PM
Cindy

jake wrote:

On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 17:48:14 +0900, Ernest Schaal
wrote:

in article , jake at
wrote on 12/22/03 5:23 PM:

On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 11:35:14 +0900, Ernest Schaal
wrote:

in article
, jake at
wrote on 12/22/03 11:26 AM:

the US remade japan in their own image

Do you realize how racist that statement is?

nope..
race has nothing to do with the drive for cultural hegonomy

Sorry, but your bigotry is showing. You didn't state that there was a drive
for cultural hegemony. Instead you stated that US "remade japan in their own
image," which means that there is no separate Japanese identity that
remained. The only way that could occur (which it didn't, by the way) is
that the Asians do not have a strong culture and are easily malleable to be
molded as the US saw fit. That assumption is extremely insulting of Japan,
and Asian cultures in the whole, and shows your inherent racism against
Asian cultures.

yawn..
you are now arguing against your own straw men and figments..

See, in the middle of discussion, they suddenly lose their temper over
one phrase and start shouting the "R" words. It happens all the time,
so I've had enough with them. I tell you, Jake -- they don't change
their mind; they won't be persuaded. There is no wonder because they
believe they are the best; nothing mustn't beat them. So, it's
generally a waste of time. If I were a good American, I would let the
Japanese be -- like the Japanese let Americans be Americans during the
occupation period. However, I can't expect them to understand my
thought of reciprocal because people are different.

my position is quite clear..there was a synthesis..
If you just want to troll around flaming folk thats your
perogative,,

just dont delude yourself it relates in any way to the discussion

I think it's time for him to return to the USA too. I'll bet he will be
an excellent US Citizen too.

Old December 23rd 03, 03:55 PM
Cindy

Steve Sundberg wrote:

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 21:19:40 +0000, jake wrote:

The US introduced a nightmare

Um, not really. Have you not heard of "comfort women?"

Doesn't everybody know it?

Old December 24th 03, 05:24 AM
MIB529

Cindy wrote in message news:9AZFb.625801$HS4.4574232@attbi_s01...
Steve Sundberg wrote:

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 21:19:40 +0000, jake wrote:

The US introduced a nightmare

Um, not really. Have you not heard of "comfort women?"

Doesn't everybody know it?

Well, this is LeoLee we're talking about. He doesn't know anything. And
this whole thread is cross-posted, which decreases the IQ of every
poster by ten points anyway.

Enola Gay: Burnt flesh and other magnificent technological achievements me Military Aviation 146 January 15th 04 10:13 PM
Enola Gay: Burnt flesh and other magnificent technological ArtKramr Military Aviation 19 December 20th 03 02:47 AM
Japanese Whine Over Enola Gay Display [email protected] Military Aviation 42 December 19th 03 11:32 PM
enola gay Cub Driver Military Aviation 1 November 7th 03 01:01 AM
Enola Gay flies into new A-bomb controversy Otis Willie Military Aviation 0 August 21st 03 09:10 PM