Finding nearest airport

Old July 2nd 04, 04:07 AM
Matt Whiting

vincent p. norris wrote:
Unfortunately, I don't know of any depository libraries. Look up
Lawrenceville, PA in Yahoo and you'll see my problem. :-)

I live in PA too, but I have sectionals for the midwest. Email me
with what it is you want to know, and I'll try to help you.

vince norris

I appreciate the offer, but airnav had just what I needed. I was
looking for smaller airports near Port Byron, IL, to see if anything was
closer than Quad City.

Thanks,
Matt

Old July 2nd 04, 04:34 AM
Tom Sixkiller

"Matt Whiting" wrote in message
vincent p. norris wrote:

But you'll need to get them if you want to fly out there; won't you?

I'll need IFR charts and may buy sectionals for backup. I always file
IFR anymore as it is just easier with all of the airspace complications.
The trip is speculative at this point, so I didn't want to buy charts
that I might never use to find something I was sure had to be available
on the web.

Try using WAC charts for IFR cross-reference. Also, the VFR Terminal Area
charts.

Old July 2nd 04, 03:21 PM
Dave Butler

Matt Whiting wrote:

I don't know why my search didn't find the airnav site, but it is a
great site.

Agreed. I forget everyone doesn't know about airnav. It should be part of the
Private Pilot curriculum. :-)

Just for the record, it's http://www.airnav.com

Also, Matt, you can get snippets of sectionals online, and I don't think anyone
has mentioned the possibility previously in this thread. If you're an EAA
member, you have access to http://www.aeroplanner.com. If not, there's a fee for
access, you might find it is worth it. As an alternative to paying the
aeroplanner fee, you can join EAA and get access as a member benefit.

There's another place for sectionals online, I think (from memory) it's
http://www.myairplane.com.

The people who run aeroplanner.com and myairplane.com hang out at
rec.aviation.owning sometimes, as does Paulo Sanchez(?) who runs airnav.com.

Dave