Silver Badge Camp - SoaringNV, Minden, Nevada

Old July 5th 12, 09:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Soaring NV[_2_]

Default Silver Badge Camp - SoaringNV, Minden, Nevada

SoaringNV will be holding a Silver Badge Cross-Country Camp from Monday, July 23rd through the 27th. The camp is designed to help the low-time glider pilot gain the skills, knowledge, and judgment required to safely and successfully fly cross-country. Our goal is to have all participants have the opportunity to complete their Bronze and Silver Badges by the end of the camp.

Topics covered will include:

❏ Badge Rules and Requirements
❏ Thermaling Basics
❏ Navigation
❏ Glide Slope Management
❏ Landing Out
❏ Airspace/Sectionals/Regulations
❏ Weather
❏ Interpreting Atmospheric Soundings
❏ Judgment
❏ Speed-to-Fly Theory

Each day will start with presentations, followed by flights, either individually or with an Instructor, to practice the topics covered. More presentations will be given in the evenings at the end of the flying day. The last couple of days we will have students fly a straight-out flight where they will land at an airport. Another student will then fly the glider back to Minden. In this way we should be able to give all participants a chance to complete their Silver Distance requirement.

The cost for the camp will be $300, which will include a notebook that includes all of the class material, a XC camp T-shirt, and dinner each night. Flight time with and instructor, glider rental, and tows will be charged separately.

We have room for 9 pilots who will be flying our gliders, as well as any others who will be bringing their own gliders (or club gliders) to fly.

For more information or to make a reservation, contact SoaringNV at 775-782-9595