Standard Instrument Procedures...published in text form?

Old February 23rd 04, 06:29 PM

I'd like to compile an electronic database of all approaches (or at least
the ones in a few states).

One could actually compile such a database through the laborious process of
analyzing all the NOS or Jepp charts but I think I'd go mad before
completing such a project. However, the 8260 forms have a regular, easily
parsable format which would vastly simplify the process.

mark

"smackey" wrote in message
m...

All,

I was once told that instrument procedures (i.e. approaches) are

published
in text form, and then rendered into NOS charts (and a similar process

for
Jeppesen).

1) Is this true?
2) If so, is this "raw" data available to the public somewhere? I'm

looking
for something similar to the ATA-100 databases which can be purchased

from
the FAA.
3) How did NOS wind up producing the charts anyway?

Thanks in advance,
mark

Just curious...why would you want to see the approaches in text form?

Old February 24th 04, 01:26 AM
smackey

I guess you want it for an index or simply a list, rather than
flipping through hundreds or thousands of pages of apprach plates.
Right? That makes sense.