The joys of the USA OLC and Mifflin County, a Canadian perspective

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 22nd 06, 03:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default The joys of the USA OLC and Mifflin County, a Canadian perspective

The good thing about the 'new' OLC rules for the USA contest, that
being Canadians now claim to the USA contest for USA flights (in prior
years we could claim USA flights within our own OLC contest, treating
North America as one space).... is that we now regularly check the USA
contest to see how our buddies are doing over the winter in Florida or
Arizona or wherever.

The bad thing about the 'new' OLC USA is that we are exposed to the
monster flights as soon as they get logged. Even in the depths of
Canadian winter.

Last weekend, out of Mifflin County Airport, Baudouin Litt flew 1290
KM.

And it was a 10 hour flight starting at 7:28 am.

This means Brian Glick dragged his sorry bum out bed real early to
launch him. This takes some kind of dedication, since the 'club' at
Mifflin consists of just Brian and Butch and Quill.

He says it's too bad Baudoin didn't put on water and avoid some of the
turbulence.

Now it's just that more miserable waiting for our snow to melt so we
can tow down to Mifflin for the end of April and early May and be
treated like kings by the Mifflin County club..

And you guys in New Jersey p**s us off as well!

Come on!

705KM in New Jersey in March!!!!

and many more out of there I can't mention?

Arizona! Shape up!

But seriously, thanks for showing us that hope "springs" eternal, and
the good weather is near! Congratulations!