US coast-to-coast trip in C-172 complete

Old March 31st 05, 05:12 PM

Default US coast-to-coast trip in C-172 complete

Hi,

At the beginning of February I posted to this group a message
(http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=p...76ea1de36a105d)
about planning the US coast-to-coast (California-Florida-California)
trip in C-172.

Well, now it is over. The trip started on March 11th and successfully
ended yesterday (March 20th). It was amazing experience!

Here is the link to the web page containing daily reports from the
trip:

http://www.astercity.net/~tomekz/us_..._2005_blog.htm

I hope that some of you may find it useful or at least enjoyable.

cheers,

Tomek Zielinski
PP-ASEL

Old March 31st 05, 05:40 PM
A Lieberman

On 31 Mar 2005 08:12:19 -0800, wrote:

http://www.astercity.net/~tomekz/us_..._2005_blog.htm

I hope that some of you may find it useful or at least enjoyable.

Nice job Tomek,

I can most appreciate what you said at the very bottom of the web page
about an instrument rating.

Yes, that IA rating will come in handy. I used my rating this week myself.
I went to Ohio Tuesday, and came back to Mississippi yesterday. Without
that rating, it would not have happened (in spite of the weather forecast
for severe clear both days!)

You can see my experiences posted at rec.aviation.student under the thread
LONG IFR enroute cockpit management re-visited - The rest of the Story -
The trip

Allen
Old March 31st 05, 07:30 PM
ram

Congratulations. I was following your progress over the 20 days. Looks
like quite an adventure. Good photos too.

Bob

oups.com...

Old March 31st 05, 09:45 PM
Jay Honeck

Fantastic, Tomek!

As someone who has spent the last 10 years criss-crossing the U.S., all VFR,
all I can say is great job, both on the trip and on the blog!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old March 31st 05, 09:56 PM
Denny

Welcome to the USA.... Nice trip report... I liked the photos form the
French Quarter... We will be stopping at New Orleans in late April
doing some air touring from Michigan to to the West coast of FLorida
down to Key West and then back up the East coast to Michigan...

denny

Old April 1st 05, 06:42 AM

Great job! Looks like a lot of fun.

Old April 1st 05, 10:34 PM
flyin_low

Great job indeed....even though I'm sitting over here behind my desk
green with envy. After a 4 year absence, my flying money dried up when
my wife and kid decided that they wanted to go to college, I'm getting
my 3rd class next week and will be back in the saddle by next months
end.