Gas Prices -- Help at last?

Old October 8th 05, 04:08 AM
Pat Thronson

I watched a show on the Discover Channel, how the aircraft carriers (built a
long time ago) cruise for 24 yrs. before refueling and "us" in
cars/airplanes go...6+ hours... Go figure

Pat Thronson
Babb, MT

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
Agreed, OT, and just another win for BIG OIL. I hope the senate has a
better handle on what subsidies look like and what profits are for...

Did you READ the article? There hasn't been a new refinery built in the
U.S. since I was a senior in high school -- 29 years ago!

Gee, don't you think that *maybe* we might have gone a wee bit too far
with gubmint regulations?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old October 9th 05, 10:38 AM
Cub Driver

Agreed, OT, and just another win for BIG OIL. I hope the senate has a
better handle on what subsidies look like and what profits are for...

Personally, I would much rather have Big Oil in charge of energy
development than the U.S. Senate.

Jane Fonda has promised to lead an anti-war rally next spring (!)
driving to Washington in a bus powered by soy oil. That's what we'd
have with a U.S. Senate-based energy policy: vegetable-powered busses
that take six months to get ready for a trip.

-- all the best, Dan Ford

email (put Cubdriver in subject line)

Warbird's Forum:
www.warbirdforum.com
Piper Cub Forum: www.pipercubforum.com
the blog: www.danford.net
In Search of Lost Time: www.readingproust.com
Old October 8th 05, 07:25 AM
Matt Barrow

".Blueskies." wrote in message

"Peter Duniho" wrote in message
"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
ups.com...
[article with zero aviation content snipped]

You forgot to put "OT:" in your subject line.

Agreed, OT, and just another win for BIG OIL. I hope the senate has a
better handle on what subsidies look like and what profits are for...

Well, hopefully LITTLE OIL can keep your fuel tanks full.

--
Matt

---------------------
Matthew W. Barrow
Site-Fill Homes, LLC.
Montrose, CO

Old October 8th 05, 06:41 AM
Morgans

"RST Engineering" wrote

What a prick.

Yep. He is right at the top of my kill file.
--
Jim in NC

Old October 9th 05, 07:10 AM
Roger

On Fri, 7 Oct 2005 15:09:52 -0700, "Peter Duniho"
wrote:

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
oups.com...
[article with zero aviation content snipped]

You forgot to put "OT:" in your subject line.

Three days and the original post has never made it to my server yet.
Unless some one broke the thread.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

Roger