New SWAMP Info....

Old July 10th 11, 11:54 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Canuck[_10_]

Default New SWAMP Info....

I just got a very nice email from SWAMP author Gary Clark and there
are some new developments that SWAMP fans will be delighted about.
A new book is on the way. It will be available in both print and also
in digital format if all goes well. More news on this as soon as I see/
hear anything about it.

If you have some humorous aviation stories or Ding like adventures of
your own to share, please pass them along to SWAMP!

There are a fair number of air shows this summer. I hope
everyone can get out there and take some pictures and post them!

I'm hoping to get out to Abbotsford and/or Seafair. Anyone else going?

Best wishes,

Nick
Old July 10th 11, 11:58 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Canuck[_10_]

Default New SWAMP Info....Email Address....

"Canuck" wrote in message ...

If you have some humorous aviation stories or Ding like adventures of
your own to share, please pass them along to SWAMP!

OOOOOOOOOOOOPS!!!

That should be

Nick

Old July 11th 11, 11:22 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bob (not my real pseudonym)

On Sun, 10 Jul 2011 17:54:22 -0500, "Canuck"
wrote:

I just got a very nice email from SWAMP author Gary Clark and there
are some new developments that SWAMP fans will be delighted about.
A new book is on the way. It will be available in both print and also
in digital format if all goes well. More news on this as soon as I see/
hear anything about it.

If you have some humorous aviation stories or Ding like adventures of
your own to share, please pass them along to SWAMP!

There are a fair number of air shows this summer. I hope
everyone can get out there and take some pictures and post them!

I'm hoping to get out to Abbotsford and/or Seafair. Anyone else going?

I'm hoping to be hanging out at Boeing Field for the SeaFair show.
Many of the acts stage out of BFI, and Fat Albert does and
impressively steep tactical approach at the end of his display.

Bob ^,,^
Old July 11th 11, 06:14 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Canuck[_10_]

wrote:

I'm hoping to get out to Abbotsford and/or Seafair. Anyone else going?

I'm hoping to be hanging out at Boeing Field for the SeaFair show.
Many of the acts stage out of BFI, and Fat Albert does and
impressively steep tactical approach at the end of his display.

Bob ^,,^

Hi Bob! Since you know the area well.....is there a great place from where
to take pictures? Any specific locations?

How about going to the Museum Of Flight and/or Boeing? Is there anything a
first time visitor ought to know? Any suggestions?

Any interest in meeting and taking pics together?

Regards,

Nick

Old July 12th 11, 12:26 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
coffelt2

wrote:

I just got a very nice email from SWAMP author Gary Clark and there
are some new developments that SWAMP fans will be delighted about.
A new book is on the way. It will be available in both print and also
in digital format if all goes well. More news on this as soon as I see/
hear anything about it.

If you have some humorous aviation stories or Ding like adventures of
your own to share, please pass them along to SWAMP!

There are a fair number of air shows this summer. I hope
everyone can get out there and take some pictures and post them!

I'm hoping to get out to Abbotsford and/or Seafair. Anyone else going?

I'm hoping to be hanging out at Boeing Field for the SeaFair show.
Many of the acts stage out of BFI, and Fat Albert does and
impressively steep tactical approach at the end of his display.

Bob ^,,^

We hope you take your camera, Bob, your field trips always result
in great stuff!

Old Chief Lynn

Old July 12th 11, 11:20 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bob (not my real pseudonym)

On Mon, 11 Jul 2011 12:14:18 -0500, "Canuck"
wrote:

.. .

wrote:

I'm hoping to get out to Abbotsford and/or Seafair. Anyone else going?

I'm hoping to be hanging out at Boeing Field for the SeaFair show.
Many of the acts stage out of BFI, and Fat Albert does and
impressively steep tactical approach at the end of his display.

Bob ^,,^

Hi Bob! Since you know the area well.....is there a great place from where
to take pictures? Any specific locations?

How about going to the Museum Of Flight and/or Boeing? Is there anything a
first time visitor ought to know? Any suggestions?

My favorite spot - especially if there is a north wind pattern - is
the parking lot behind the Museum of Flight at the south end of Boeing
field on the west side. No charge to be in the parking lot or on
their patio, and the afternoon sun with trees in the background make
for decent photos.

Most other spots around are blocked by fences, snoopy King County
security / FBO employees (though not all) and truly paranoid Boeing
Security folks. There tend to be fairly large crowds on that day.

Attached taken from that location, though not during SeaFair. And
note that you can't see the actual air show itself from Boeing Field;
I just can't handle the travel to and ~real~ crowds on Lake Washington
itself. The air show is actually sort of a space filler between heats
of the hydroplane races.

Any interest in meeting and taking pics together?

Assuming my health allows (not a guarantee these days) that would be
neat!

Notwithstanding the bizarre weather this area has had the last few
months, I wouldn't be overly surprised to see what is statistically
the warmest and driest week of our year end up with snow and/or
plagues of frogs... =}

Bob ^,,^

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	F-18C  164738  VMFA-323  NG205  BFI  10-21-06  05.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	201.8 KB
ID:	49070

Old July 14th 11, 07:09 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Canuck[_10_]

"Bob (not my real pseudonym)" wrote in message
news
[...]

Hi Bob! Thanks for the reply and the information.

I'm looking into the possibility of going out there for a visit. My health
isn't the greatest either.....so this might be a last moment decision.......

Would you like to email me privately and we can discuss this further? It
might help me make up my mind.

Email me at

Regards,

Nick

New SWAMP Canuck[_9_] Aviation Photos 0 November 21st 09 11:30 PM
New SWAMP Canuck[_8_] Aviation Photos 0 October 22nd 09 04:52 PM
SWAMP Canuck[_8_] Aviation Photos 0 September 2nd 09 10:07 PM
POSA Carb Info and HAPI Engine Info Bill Home Built 0 March 8th 04 08:23 PM
Starting new info site need info from the pros MRQB Piloting 7 January 5th 04 03:20 AM