Getting to the Reno Air Races

Old August 9th 05, 07:06 AM
G. Sylvester

Default Getting to the Reno Air Races

I've never been to the Reno Air Races but have heard
absolutely amazing things about it. I'm going this
year along with a couple of friends. I'm wondering
what the best way to the race.

The choices a

1. drive from San Francisco there. How's the
parking situation there? Is the traffic an
absolute nightmare?

2. fly to RNO and then rent a car or take
their shuttle? How long does their shuttle
take? Also what is involved in the posting
on their website "Special Traffic Management Program [STMP] has been
published for the past several years by the Federal Aviation
Administration regarding procedures effective during the period
surrounding Race Week at Reno. The program requires slot reservations
for IFR arrivals and departures to Reno-Tahoe International Airport...."
I am IFR rated and have never dealt with this. How
do you reserve a slot? How far in advance do you have
to reserve it? I guess I'll need to make
a reservation at an FBO for an Archer.

any thoughts?

thanks in advance.

Gerald

Old August 9th 05, 09:36 AM
Seth Masia

May be cheaper, and less hassle, to fly to TRK and rent a car there.

Seth
Comanche N8100R

. ..

Old August 9th 05, 03:50 PM
RST Engineering

Fly from SFO to TRK and rent a car? Way faster and way less expensive to
simply drive.

Last time we went, traffic wasn't all that bad.

Jim

"Seth Masia" wrote in message
May be cheaper, and less hassle, to fly to TRK and rent a car there.

Seth
Comanche N8100R

Reno Air Races -- 2600 Miles in 2 Days! Jay Honeck Piloting 88 September 25th 04 03:48 PM
Reno Air Races Ron Piloting 0 March 11th 04 07:50 PM
Reno Air Races September 2004 (Box Seats) Brett A. Dettmann General Aviation 1 January 21st 04 11:27 PM
FA: INSIDE THE RENO AIR RACES The Ink Company Aviation Marketplace 0 October 1st 03 01:55 AM
Aviation photography website (Reno Air Races, Duxford Flying Legendsand more ...) dth Products 0 July 25th 03 04:29 PM