how to create new cub file for Seminole

Old March 14th 16, 02:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default how to create new cub file for Seminole

LX Nav requires a .cub file format for airspace. We need to create a .cub file for Seminole so that we have the Disney World TFR area not shown on standard airspace data files. I have tried to make one with SeeYou Mobile but once made I can't find the file. Anybody able to either make this for me or tell me how to make it?
Old March 14th 16, 06:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
howard banks

OK, no help on creating files, but please do tell the other side of the story. Two by -200 scores?

Old March 14th 16, 06:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Glider RN

Have you tried www.soaringdata.info ?

Old March 14th 16, 07:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS

It's been a while since doing this, but...
Download a TFR file from soaringdata.info.
Open your standard file in SeeYou PC.
Open the TFR file in SeeYou PC.
Use the SeeYou Mobile wizard to export the new airspace file.
Choose a location on your PC.
Distribute that file.

Fortunately it's easier for text-based airspace in other displays.
Soaringdata only creates .txt, .sua and .kml files.
Jim

Old March 14th 16, 09:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2KA

I sent a file private reply just now. I got the baseline file from the Soaring Turnpoint Exchange -- I used the one with the SSA extensions. I hope that is right one. The TFR came from my website (soaringdata.info).

Lynn Alley
"2KA"
Old March 14th 16, 09:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Springford

As JS said, the easiest method is to add both files to SeeYou and then use the Mobile Wizard to save the Airspace file (CUB format).

There is also an Airspace editor utility available on the LX Nav website - LX Asapt Editor located he
http://lxnav.com/download/software.html

However, the SeeYou method is much easier.

Old March 14th 16, 09:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
MNLou

If someone has created such a .cub file, including the TFR around Disney World, for use in an LX9000, a number of pilots at the Seniors would like to get their hands on it.

Lou
Old March 14th 16, 10:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS

On Monday, March 14, 2016 at 2:23:23 PM UTC-7, MNLou wrote:
If someone has created such a .cub file, including the TFR around Disney World, for use in an LX9000, a number of pilots at the Seniors would like to get their hands on it.

Lou

I'm with you Lou, hence the line "distribute that file".
Until 2KA came up with the TFR tab on his excellent website, I used to build TFR files in a text editor. A real pain when they change a firefighting TFR overnight to an odd shape and you'd rather go fly.
Thanks, Lynn!
Jim
Old March 15th 16, 04:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2KA

Well, you're welcome.

I sent the original poster what I think he was asking for by a private reply. I know the TFR is right, but I'm not dead sure about the baseline file. I got it off the Soaring Turnpoint Exchange; it was the one with the SSA extensions. Hope it was right.

Lynn Alley
"2KA"
Old March 15th 16, 12:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy Gough[_2_]

On Monday, March 14, 2016 at 10:32:57 AM UTC-4, wrote:
LX Nav requires a .cub file format for airspace. We need to create a .cub file for Seminole so that we have the Disney World TFR area not shown on standard airspace data files. I have tried to make one with SeeYou Mobile but once made I can't find the file. Anybody able to either make this for me or tell me how to make it?

If you do not have SeeYou you can download
LXasBrowser http://www.lxnavigation.com/software/
and use the following instructions to convert airspace text files to cub files:
1. FileOpen. Select an airspace text file OpenAir or Tim Newport Peace. It will look like nothing happened, the screen will be blank. Don't panic, go to the next step.
2. DataNew or DataAdd, The screen will display a list of airspaces defined in your text based airspace file.
3. ViewAirspace. A window will display airspace picture.
4. Right clickInvert Selection. This selects all the airspace in the picture.
5. Right clickTransform selected. A dialog window will appear.
6. Name the airspace and click ok. LX5000 would only display eight characters on the start up screen LX9000 may allow more characters for your airspace name.
7. Name and save your airspace file. The only format available will be SeeYou binary cub file format.

Using this program you are able to edit the individual airspaces and the text that is displayed. You can do this in the original airspace text file but you have to be knowledgeable on the text format parameters.

One thing you need to keep in mind is that the file that is used to determine compliance with contest rules is the one used by the contest scorer and that file is usually one that can be downloaded from the Leibacher site.