Kitplanes Columns

Old April 3rd 04, 07:53 AM
Jim Weir

Default Kitplanes Columns

About a year ago, I posted that I just flat ran out of time to post my
Kitplanes columns for download at www.rstengineering.com/kitplanes.

I had three volunteers that said that they would take the raw data that I
generate for the column, refine it, and post it for download.

Three volunteers rapidly ran to zero. When they saw the work involved, somehow
the volunteer spirit went to zero.

Again I ask...is anybody fool enough to take my Kitplanes column raw data and
put it into downloadable format for the rest of the gang? I just do NOT have
the time to do it.

Jim

http://www.rst-engr.com
Old April 3rd 04, 08:11 AM
Regnirps

I'm willing to try. What is the format? I use PowerMac OSX, which prints PDF's
as one of the printer options.

-- Charlie Springer
Old April 3rd 04, 03:18 PM
Kevin Horton

On Sat, 03 Apr 2004 07:11:26 +0000, Regnirps wrote:

I'm willing to try. What is the format? I use PowerMac OSX, which
prints PDF's as one of the printer options.

-- Charlie Springer

There are also several affordable options for Windows users to create PDF
files too.

http://www.tucows.com/pdf95_default.html

One of my coworkers swears by PDF reDirect Professional. He has been
using it reqularly for several months. I know the developer, and he is
straight-arrow honest.

http://www.exp-systems.com/

--
Kevin Horton RV-8 (finishing kit)
Ottawa, Canada

Old April 3rd 04, 04:26 PM
Ira Rampil

In article ,
Jim Weir wrote:

About a year ago, I posted that I just flat ran out of time to post my
Kitplanes columns for download at www.rstengineering.com/kitplanes.
Again I ask...is anybody fool enough to take my Kitplanes column raw data and
put it into downloadable format for the rest of the gang? I just do NOT have
the time to do it.

Jim

http://www.rst-engr.com

Jim,

In the name of public service, I'll take a whack at it.
After all, I really benefitted from your articles and your products.
Time to pass it on, now that N224XS is flying with a lot of ideas
from you and Bob Nuckolls.

Why don't you send me three or four articles to get started along with a
description of the formats. I can handle most anything, except maybe
some schematic formats like .mht, etc.

Ira

Old April 3rd 04, 04:35 PM
Nathan Young

On Fri, 02 Apr 2004 22:53:37 -0800, Jim Weir wrote:

About a year ago, I posted that I just flat ran out of time to post my
Kitplanes columns for download at www.rstengineering.com/kitplanes.

I had three volunteers that said that they would take the raw data that I
generate for the column, refine it, and post it for download.

Three volunteers rapidly ran to zero. When they saw the work involved, somehow
the volunteer spirit went to zero.

Again I ask...is anybody fool enough to take my Kitplanes column raw data and
put it into downloadable format for the rest of the gang? I just do NOT have
the time to do it.

Hi Jim,

I missed the original post, what is the raw data?

-nathan

Old April 3rd 04, 04:55 PM
G.R. Patterson III

Jim Weir wrote:

Three volunteers rapidly ran to zero.

I volunteered twice to do this and don't recall backing out. You politely declined my
offer both times.

George Patterson
This marriage is off to a shaky start. The groom just asked the band to
play "Your cheatin' heart", and the bride just requested "Don't come home
a'drinkin' with lovin' on your mind".
Old April 3rd 04, 05:07 PM
RobertR237

About a year ago, I posted that I just flat ran out of time to post my
Kitplanes columns for download at www.rstengineering.com/kitplanes.

I had three volunteers that said that they would take the raw data that I
generate for the column, refine it, and post it for download.

Three volunteers rapidly ran to zero. When they saw the work involved,
somehow
the volunteer spirit went to zero.

Again I ask...is anybody fool enough to take my Kitplanes column raw data and
put it into downloadable format for the rest of the gang? I just do NOT have
the time to do it.

Jim

http://www.rst-engr.com

Jim,

I will make no public statement as to being able to do it but if you will send
me some of them, I will see what I can accomplish. I believe your articles are
worth the effort to have available on the Internet and would be willing to give
it a shot. I think you have visited my web page but if not, give it a view. I
have converted some pretty obscure documents for publication on the web site.

I would like the option of formatting for web page viewing or reformatting and
putting into a PDF format that could then be viewed or downloaded.

Your call,

Bob Reed

Bob Reed

"Ladies and Gentlemen, take my advice,
(M.A.S.H. Sidney Freedman)

Old April 3rd 04, 06:51 PM
Bob Fry

Jim Weir writes:

Again I ask...is anybody fool enough to take my Kitplanes column raw data and
put it into downloadable format for the rest of the gang?

Jim, can you post a sample of the raw data here or on your website so
we can see what's involved?
Old April 5th 04, 10:04 PM
Jim Weir

Thanks to all of you who responded, and to George a humble apology. I was so
damned busy at the time (and still am) that I flat-ass forgot your volunteer
message of a year ago.

Many of you posted, "let me see what I'm getting myself into" before anything
else. Here's what I have done.

I write in Word and take pictures in digital .jpg format. If I do a drawing, I
have it in it's native Autosketch format, but always provide the .pdf of the
Autosketch file. Same for PC boards and schematics, which are done in
Circuitmaker and Traxmaker respectively, but I always make a .pdf of the
schematic .sch or the PC board layout .pcb files. The whole folder is a
hodge-podge of .doc, .jpg, .pdf, .ckt, .pcb and perhaps a .txt file or two.

My last posted article was June 2002. If you go to
www.rstengineering.com/rst/kptest you will see a zip file called KP0206.zip. If
you compare the files in that zip file with what is posted on the website
www.rstengineering.com/kitplanes for June '02, you can see how the zip files got
translated to a web page for that month.

I also posted all the JULY 2002 files in /kptest as well. That is, everything
except KP0206.zip is what is in my July 2002 folder. I suppose I could have
broken them out into two separate files, but I think it is relatively easy to
tell what is in the July issue.

I'm happy to flesh out anything that is not obvious. It is a little confusing
at first, but about the second or third article that is put into web page format
comes rather straightforward IF a bit tiring.

Note: the pictures are in RAW format. That is, I haven't culled the pictures
to take out the out-of-focus ones, the mislighted ones, the ones that are
completely useless, etc.. That's part of the deal...and perhaps the hardest
part...picking and choosing what stays and what is included on the webpage.

Thanks for all the replies.

Jim

-

http://www.rst-engr.com
Old April 5th 04, 11:07 PM
EDR

So when are you going to let us know who you select to assist you? :-)

Kitplanes PTT story JFLEISC Home Built 1 January 14th 04 04:14 AM
Kitplanes CD-ROM directory David Smith Home Built 4 January 1st 04 10:31 PM
KitPlanes - Home Page by Ron Wanttaja RobertR237 Home Built 40 August 12th 03 10:17 PM
Jim Weir's CO detector design in June Kitplanes Michael Home Built 0 August 8th 03 11:54 PM
Jim Weir's CO Detector in Kitplanes June edition. Michael Home Built 0 July 29th 03 01:32 PM