American Eaglet?

Old April 16th 04, 12:30 AM
Scott

Default American Eaglet?

Is anyone on the list FLYING an American Eaglet sailplane? If so, I'd
like to hear about its flying qualities and sturdiness. I have the
chance to buy a complete kit Eaglet, never started, with all plans,
newsletters and trailer. I am somewhat concerned about the inverted
V-Tail. Having read a bunch of the builder's newsletters, it seems a
little scary. All input appreciated!!

Scott

Old April 16th 04, 02:39 AM
Bob Kuykendall

Earlier, Scott wrote:

Is anyone on the list FLYING an American
Eaglet sailplane? If so, I'd like to hear about
its flying qualities and sturdiness...

I don't know of any Eaglets that are currently operated
regularly. There are a couple messages about the Eaglet
on the HomeSail forum on YahooGroups, you might subscribe
and have a look at them.

One of your better resources will probably be Scott
Perkins, who directs the Vintage Ultralight & Lightplane
Assocation:

http://vulaorg.vws0104.fast.net/index.html

Thanks, and best regards to all

Bob K.

Old April 16th 04, 01:45 PM
plasticguy

Earlier, Scott wrote:

Is anyone on the list FLYING an American
Eaglet sailplane? If so, I'd like to hear about
its flying qualities and sturdiness...

I don't know of any Eaglets that are currently operated
regularly. There are a couple messages about the Eaglet
on the HomeSail forum on YahooGroups, you might subscribe
and have a look at them.

DEREK PIGGOT wrote an excellent flight review of one based in England.
He flew it, and commented that it was the first sailplane he was afraid of
getting OFF TOW. It went downhill from there. This is a must read.

Scott.

Old April 16th 04, 03:15 PM
Steven Woodfield

The article Scott mentioned is available on the Gliding and Motorgliding
International website.

Go to page http://www.glidingmagazine.com/Featu...cle.asp?id=178

Steve Woody