CPA vs COO

Old January 26th 04, 03:29 PM
Tyler Parsons

Default CPA vs COO

I am considering joining either the Cessna Pilots
Association or the Cessna Owners Organization. I have a

Does anyone have any suggestions regarding the relative
advantages of joining one over the other? As I recollect
COO sent me a copy of their mag a few years ago. Seemed
interesting, but I haven't seen anything of the CPA.

Tyler

Old January 26th 04, 04:06 PM
Newps

I belong to both. If you can only join one then make it CPA. Their
magazine isn't worth the paper its printed on. Their website is worth
its weight in gold. The COO has an interesting magazine but is not
technically oriented.

Old January 26th 04, 04:14 PM
Roger Long

I'll second that on the CPA a website. I figure it has saved us about five
grand in the past three years.
--
Roger Long

Old January 27th 04, 05:46 AM
smackey

Tyler Parsons wrote in message ...
I am considering joining either the Cessna Pilots
Association or the Cessna Owners Organization. I have a

Does anyone have any suggestions regarding the relative
advantages of joining one over the other? As I recollect
COO sent me a copy of their mag a few years ago. Seemed
interesting, but I haven't seen anything of the CPA.

Tyler

Tyler,

I've belonged to COO for about four years, and just joined CPA about a
month ago. The COO magazine is decent. I could do without it, but it
does frequently have useful, informative articles. Actually, the most
recent issue is about the best I've seen since joining. I'm too new
to have seen the CPA magazine or newsletter, but I spent hours going
through the CPA website Forum. It's really excellent. In some
respects even better than these newsgroups.
Steve M