Filser LX20 turnpoint list

Old April 28th 04, 04:05 PM
Croft Brown

Default Filser LX20 turnpoint list

Does any body have the BGA UK turnpoit list in .da4
format, or do you know where I can download it. The
SAA site does not have that format available. Thanks.

Old April 28th 04, 04:28 PM
Frederic FUCHS

Have you try : http://acro.harvard.edu/SOARING/JL/TP ?

Regards,

Frederic
www.planeur.net - www.netcoupe.net

Old April 28th 04, 04:46 PM
Andrew Warbrick

At 15:18 28 April 2004, Croft Brown wrote:
Does any body have the BGA UK turnpoit list in .da4
format, or do you know where I can download it. The
SAA site does not have that format available. Thanks.

You didn't look very hard did you?

http://acro.harvard.edu/SOARING/JL/T...n/BGASth04.da4
http://acro.harvard.edu/SOARING/JL/T...r/BGACen04.da4
http://acro.harvard.edu/SOARING/JL/T...s/BGAMid4a.da4
http://acro.harvard.edu/SOARING/JL/T...n/BGANrt4a.da4
http://acro.harvard.edu/SOARING/JL/T...d/Sctlnd4a.da4
They appear to be divided by region, presumably because
the whole database won't fit a Filser.

Old April 28th 04, 05:08 PM
Rory O'Conor

I would recommend using TP Select.
This will produce an extract of the 800 odd BGA waypoints
in a suitable size (less than 500 for LX)
and in almost any format.

Rory

Old April 28th 04, 05:41 PM
Tim Newport-Peace

In article , Andrew Warbrick
writes
At 15:18 28 April 2004, Croft Brown wrote:
Does any body have the BGA UK turnpoit list in .da4
format, or do you know where I can download it. The
SAA site does not have that format available. Thanks.

You didn't look very hard did you?

http://acro.harvard.edu/SOARING/JL/T...n/BGASth04.da4
http://acro.harvard.edu/SOARING/JL/T...r/BGACen04.da4
http://acro.harvard.edu/SOARING/JL/T...s/BGAMid4a.da4
http://acro.harvard.edu/SOARING/JL/T...n/BGANrt4a.da4
http://acro.harvard.edu/SOARING/JL/T...d/Sctlnd4a.da4
They appear to be divided by region, presumably because
the whole database won't fit a Filser.

That is absolutely correct. There is a note about this on the BGA
Waypoint Web page (http://www.spsys.demon.co.uk/turningpoints.htm), but
every year it catches someone out.

Incidentally, the Midlands, Northern and Scotland files have been
updates in the last week, but the is because Four Counties have moved
from Syerston to Barkston Heath. If you don't fly from Barkston Heath,
this shouldn't affect you.

Tim Newport-Peace

"Indecision is the Key to Flexibility."
Old June 21st 04, 01:14 PM
Tim Newport-Peace

In article , Andrew Warbrick
writes
At 15:18 28 April 2004, Croft Brown wrote:
Does any body have the BGA UK turnpoit list in .da4
format, or do you know where I can download it. The
SAA site does not have that format available. Thanks.

You didn't look very hard did you?

http://acro.harvard.edu/SOARING/JL/T...n/BGASth04.da4
http://acro.harvard.edu/SOARING/JL/T...r/BGACen04.da4
http://acro.harvard.edu/SOARING/JL/T...s/BGAMid4a.da4
http://acro.harvard.edu/SOARING/JL/T...n/BGANrt4a.da4
http://acro.harvard.edu/SOARING/JL/T...d/Sctlnd4a.da4
They appear to be divided by region, presumably because
the whole database won't fit a Filser.

That is absolutely correct. There is a note about this on the BGA
Waypoint Web page (http://www.spsys.demon.co.uk/turningpoints.htm), but
every year it catches someone out.

UPDATE:

As a number of people have encountered the same problem, the site has
been changed and when the is not sufficient space in the manufacturer's
format for all the waypoints, the download symbol with a large red cross
over it displayed. If this happens for the format you want, go to a
regional list.