China in space.

Old October 30th 03, 06:36 PM
Yeff

On 30 Oct 2003 07:24:08 -0800, Deep Avali wrote:

And for all the Japanese vending machines I've ever seen, I haven't
seen one that dispenses junk food yet. Ice cream, yes, but no candy
bars, chips, etc. Strange. Seen the porno ones, though...my advice
is to skip 'em, it's all censored...and avoid the condom machines,
too, they're too small for us Westerners...

I remember getting the little barrels (we called 'em "combat jugs") of beer
in Misawa. We used to joke that you could have yourself quite a little
party based just on what you could get out of vending machines. g

And what the hell is Pokari Sweat?

-Jeff B.
yeff at erols dot com
Old October 31st 03, 12:11 AM
Gernot Hassenpflug

Yeff writes:

On 30 Oct 2003 07:24:08 -0800, Deep Avali wrote:

And for all the Japanese vending machines I've ever seen, I haven't
seen one that dispenses junk food yet. Ice cream, yes, but no candy
bars, chips, etc. Strange. Seen the porno ones, though...my advice
is to skip 'em, it's all censored...and avoid the condom machines,
too, they're too small for us Westerners...

I take the advice.... but you're serious that you've never seen candy
bars and chips in Japanese vending machines? Instant ramen and so
forth too, depending where you go.

I remember getting the little barrels (we called 'em "combat jugs") of beer
in Misawa. We used to joke that you could have yourself quite a little
party based just on what you could get out of vending machines. g

And what the hell is Pokari Sweat?

Better not explained (Pokari sounds like a South American pig variety
to me)! Try the green tea with haiku written on the bottle, to make
you feel all `flowerfull' and `happylight' :-)

--
G Hassenpflug * IJN & JMSDF equipment/history fan
Old October 31st 03, 12:29 AM
Marc Reeve

Yeff wrote:
On 30 Oct 2003 07:24:08 -0800, Deep Avali wrote:

And for all the Japanese vending machines I've ever seen, I haven't
seen one that dispenses junk food yet. Ice cream, yes, but no candy
bars, chips, etc. Strange. Seen the porno ones, though...my advice
is to skip 'em, it's all censored...and avoid the condom machines,
too, they're too small for us Westerners...

I remember getting the little barrels (we called 'em "combat jugs") of beer
in Misawa. We used to joke that you could have yourself quite a little
party based just on what you could get out of vending machines. g

And what the hell is Pokari Sweat?

Pocari Sweat appears to be a Japanese equivalent of Gatorade.

Tastes about the same, anyway.

What I remember is my sister sending me a "care package" of several odd
things one could obtain from vending machines. Chief among them being
six-ounce cans of various fruit-flavored beers. Not lambics, but beers
with fruit flavoring in them. Apple was the best (for certain values of
"best") as it tasted somewhat like hard cider. Banana was indescribably
bad. Grape and lime were sort of toward the middle.

-Marc
--
Marc Reeve
actual email address after removal of 4s & spaces is
Old October 31st 03, 06:04 PM
George Z. Bush

Did you ever taste strawberry beer? The Germans used to make it (and maybe
still do).....not too bad if you like the taste of strawberries, although I'm
not too sure that I'd say the same for beer lovers. (^-^)))

George Z.

Old November 1st 03, 06:26 PM
John Mullen

"George Z. Bush" wrote in message
Did you ever taste strawberry beer? The Germans used to make it (and

maybe
still do).....not too bad if you like the taste of strawberries, although

I'm
not too sure that I'd say the same for beer lovers. (^-^)))

You can get pretty good Belgian raspberry and cherry beers here... bit
unusual, but very refreshing for an occasional change

John

FS: 1979 "The National Air and Space Museum" 1st Edition Book J.R. Sinclair Aviation Marketplace 0 October 11th 04 08:24 AM
Space Elevator Big John Home Built 111 July 21st 04 04:31 PM
FS: 1979 "The National Air and Space Museum" 1st Edition out-of-print Book J.R. Sinclair Aviation Marketplace 0 January 19th 04 05:19 AM
Strategic Command Missions Rely on Space Otis Willie Military Aviation 0 September 30th 03 09:59 PM
FS: 1979 "The National Air and Space Museum" 1st Edition out-of-print Book Jim Sinclair Aviation Marketplace 0 September 3rd 03 11:49 AM