Russian Military Technology

Old January 4th 04, 08:21 AM
Pete

"Alejandro Magno" wrote in message
m...
nt wrote:
and how much Western aid is required for Russia to accomplish all

this...?
Never mind - we already know.
Gordon

America tried to steal Mig-15:
http://www.psywarrior.com/Moolah.html

That was a UN proposal.

America stole Mig-25:
http://english.pravda.ru/main/18/90/...227_pilot.html

That was one of your own pilots.

Pete

Old January 4th 04, 08:30 AM

What RCS? Remember Airwolf has stealth qualities too!

Old January 4th 04, 08:58 AM
Ragnar

nt wrote:

America stole Mig-25:
http://english.pravda.ru/main/18/90/...227_pilot.html

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!! Stole? Ha!!! After Belenko landed it in Japan, the
Japanese government gave it back to the Soviets 3 days later.

America trying to buy Russian S-300 (the Patriot is only for
photograps, it does not work):

Actually, the S-300 has NO combat record at all. Whereas the Patriot has
shot down at least 3 planes.

So, if America technology is so superior why they have tried to buy or
steal Russian equipment.

Always helps to know what the bad guys are up to. The Soviets also tried to
steal or buy US stuff. The difference is that we were better at it.

Old January 4th 04, 09:59 AM
Alejandro Magno

"Jarg" wrote in message om...
And your point is? Perhaps you don't know that the US is largely a nation
of immigrants and their descendants.
Jarg

I know that very well. I have spent considerable time in America. My
point is that America is a European country in a different continent.

I do know how you can take this article, but seems interesting:
http://www.nationalvanguard.org/story.php?id=1382

Magno
Old January 4th 04, 11:24 AM
B2431

(Alejandro Magno)
Date: 1/4/2004 12:30 AM Central

wrote:
and how much Western aid is required for Russia to accomplish all this...?
Never mind - we already know.
Gordon

America tried to steal Mig-15:
http://www.psywarrior.com/Moolah.html

You mean the the aircraft using a cloned Rolls Royce engine? Like the one
flown to South Korea by a North Korean pilot?

America stole Mig-25:
http://english.pravda.ru/main/18/90/...227_pilot.html

You mean the one a Soviet pilot flew to Japan?

Do you know that B-2 and F-117 are based on Russian technology ? They
even said it in the History Channel.

Next time you see that show please note they only used the Russian radiation
scatter data on the F-117.

And the Soviet space shuttle was a cheap knock off of the U.S. Space shuttle.

So, if America technology is so superior why they have tried to buy or
steal Russian equipment.

For the same reason the Soviets were, and the Russians are now, trying to
obtain U.S. weaponry: intelligence gathering.

Shall we talk about the Soviets copying solid state technology?

Shall we discuss the abyssmal safety records of the Soviet nuclear submarines?

How about Chernobyl?

How about stealing the plans for the atomic bomb?

Look, I won't deny the Soviets/Russians haven't come up with technology
superior to the U.S., but they really don't have an edge in anything anymore.

The Soviets were the first to put satellites into orbit, the first to put a man
into space, the first to put a woman into space etc, but their launchers and
capsule technology really hasn't changed since the 1960s.

Now look at the human costs of Soviet/Russian technology. A major lake that is
dying because they reversed the direction of the flow of a river. Rotting
submarines with leaking reactors. Parts of the country where children are still
being born with defects from nuclear and chemical testing. A long delay in
reconstruction after WW2 because Stalin HAD to have the atomic bomb. The list
goes on.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Old January 4th 04, 11:28 AM
B2431

(Alejandro Magno)
Date: 1/4/2004 12:16 AM Central Standard Time
wrote
Before you get all excited about this "Soviet wonderweapon", remember that

it
is nothing more than a modernized Panzerfaust 60. Thank goodness the

Russian
war machine can build really good copies of captured German stuff, eh?

Remember that American rocket technology, American nuclear reactors
and American nuclear bombs were designed by Europeans.

Do you know who Von Braun was ?
Do you know who Fermi was ?
Do you know who Einsten was ?

Were they Americans ?

Yes they were. They became U.S. citizens.

The laser, transistor, polio vaccine etc were all invented by Americans.

Look, this could go on forever, but what's the point?

Dan, U. S. Air Force, retired
Old January 4th 04, 11:30 AM
B2431

(Alejandro Magno)
Date: 1/4/2004 3:59 AM Central Standard Time
"Jarg" wrote in message
. com...
And your point is? Perhaps you don't know that the US is largely a nation
of immigrants and their descendants.
Jarg

I know that very well. I have spent considerable time in America. My
point is that America is a European country in a different continent.

And the Russias were settled by Vikings, South Asians, Mongols, Poles...etc

What exactly is your point?

Dan, U. S. Air Force, retired
Old January 4th 04, 12:12 PM
Schelkunchik

"Alejandro Magno" wrote in message
om...
"Schelkunchik" wrote in message news:3eLJb.16403

I'm not wasting anymore of my time on your
links...Ekranoplan...bwahahahahahahahahah!
Besides it looks like you are trying the ol fake out...without admitting
that Russia sucks you try to divert attention away from your obvious

screwup
by bad mouthing the US.

You could take the Argentinian military from the Falklands war and kick
Russia's butt.

Russia had to give up on its volunteer army I hear. They are trying to

cover
up the failure by saying the paid troops will be mixed in with the
conscripts.

Nobody is putting a gun to your head to read this thread.

Magno

....but it's good for laughs!

Old January 4th 04, 12:46 PM
Thomas Schoene

Felger Carbon wrote:

Walt, I've never been able to figure out why Su-27 Flankers are
considered such hot stuff, but AFAIK the Mig-29 is not well regarded
by anyone, even the Russkys. Wha? They are close to being the same
airframe!

No, they're somewhat close to the same aerodynamic shape but the actual
airframes are quite different. The MiG-29 is significantly smaller. The
FULCRUM's major limitation is its very short range compared to the FLANKER.

"If brave men and women never died, there would be nothing
special about bravery." -- Andy Rooney (attributed)