A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Seminole-Lake Gliderport is Thriving

Old November 5th 16, 10:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Seminole-Lake Gliderport is Thriving

If you google "Seminole Lake Gliderport owner Mihai Tanjala" you can see lots of articles come up and then find many related articles.

Looks like he paid $2.3 Million for the gliderport a few years back and was sentenced to prison in Romania for 5 years. Fled to the United States. Stayed in hiding at the gliderport while he had multiple lawyers stall his deportation. Then got a divorce from his corrupt wife who was part of his schemes to steal millions. Was eventually deported from the United States. Fled to Cuba, then Grand Cayman. While in jail in Grand Cayman he tried to remarry his exwife while on a hunger strike.

He is listed as a most wanted criminal on the Interpol red list. Listed as a terrorist in his own country. Now his assets are being frozen and returned to the Romanian government. To think the business will stay "thriving" is extremely unrealistic.

While the gliderport may be thriving at the moment, it's still owned by a fugitive/most wanted criminal/terrorist. He's lucky to have people manage his money and assets for him while he is quote: "facing hard times."

So where is the profit going? Are they wiring the money to off shore accounts in the Cayman Islands? It is un-American to do business with such a deplorable business owner.

Vote Trump everyone. America has turned into a dumping ground for criminals like Mihai Tanjala. It's unfortunate that he was even allowed into the United States. Time to lock down border security and block people like this from ever stepping foot in our country.

I would rather do business with respectable business owners like Sarah Kelly, Burt Compton, Tom Knauff, etc. There are many glider ports in the USA, why choose to hand money over to this place?
Old November 5th 16, 04:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS
external usenet poster

On Saturday, November 5, 2016 at 3:30:25 AM UTC-7, wrote:
If you google "Seminole Lake Gliderport owner Mihai Tanjala" you can see lots of articles come up and then find many related articles.

Looks like he paid $2.3 Million for the gliderport a few years back and was sentenced to prison in Romania for 5 years. Fled to the United States. Stayed in hiding at the gliderport while he had multiple lawyers stall his deportation. Then got a divorce from his corrupt wife who was part of his schemes to steal millions. Was eventually deported from the United States. Fled to Cuba, then Grand Cayman. While in jail in Grand Cayman he tried to remarry his exwife while on a hunger strike.

He is listed as a most wanted criminal on the Interpol red list. Listed as a terrorist in his own country. Now his assets are being frozen and returned to the Romanian government. To think the business will stay "thriving" is extremely unrealistic.

While the gliderport may be thriving at the moment, it's still owned by a fugitive/most wanted criminal/terrorist. He's lucky to have people manage his money and assets for him while he is quote: "facing hard times."

So where is the profit going? Are they wiring the money to off shore accounts in the Cayman Islands? It is un-American to do business with such a deplorable business owner.

Vote Trump everyone. America has turned into a dumping ground for criminals like Mihai Tanjala. It's unfortunate that he was even allowed into the United States. Time to lock down border security and block people like this from ever stepping foot in our country.

I would rather do business with respectable business owners like Sarah Kelly, Burt Compton, Tom Knauff, etc. There are many glider ports in the USA, why choose to hand money over to this place?

Hahahahhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
Why do you put down one criminal and praise another?
Jim
Old November 5th 16, 04:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta
external usenet poster

I didn't see Clinton's name mentioned anywhere. Do I need to reread the
post or do you need to reevaluate your understanding of criminal behavior?

On 11/5/2016 10:15 AM, JS wrote:
On Saturday, November 5, 2016 at 3:30:25 AM UTC-7, wrote:

Jim

--
Dan, 5J
Old November 5th 16, 04:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Carlyle
external usenet poster

You might want to give up drinking that Kool-Aid, Dan.

-John, Q3

On Saturday, November 5, 2016 at 12:27:35 PM UTC-4, Dan Marotta wrote:

Jim

--
Dan, 5J

Old November 5th 16, 06:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta
external usenet poster

Facts, people, facts. Not the claptrap that the media keeps putting
out. I was kinda hoping to hear something of substance, but your
response is just what I expected.

Dan, 5J

On 11/5/2016 10:40 AM, John Carlyle wrote:

-John, Q3

On Saturday, November 5, 2016 at 12:27:35 PM UTC-4, Dan Marotta wrote:

Jim

--
Dan, 5J

--
Dan, 5J
Old November 5th 16, 07:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Carlyle
external usenet poster

OK, Dan, non-media facts related to criminal behavior: (1) Donald Trump has been convicted multiple times of breaking the law. (2) Hillary Clinton has never been convicted of breaking the law.

-John, Q3

On Saturday, November 5, 2016 at 2:30:06 PM UTC-4, Dan Marotta wrote:
Facts, people, facts. Not the claptrap that the media keeps putting
out. I was kinda hoping to hear something of substance, but your
response is just what I expected.

Dan, 5J

On 11/5/2016 10:40 AM, John Carlyle wrote:

-John, Q3

Old November 5th 16, 07:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Saturday, November 5, 2016 at 3:34:34 PM UTC-4, John Carlyle wrote:
OK, Dan, non-media facts related to criminal behavior: (1) Donald Trump has been convicted multiple times of breaking the law. (2) Hillary Clinton has never been convicted of breaking the law.

You must be a Spirit Cooking aficionado. Creepy.
Old November 5th 16, 07:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Saturday, November 5, 2016 at 3:34:34 PM UTC-4, John Carlyle wrote:

Which do you find more fun, soaring or spirit cooking? Not that I'm looking to try the latter.
Old November 5th 16, 11:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ramy[_2_]
external usenet poster

The "vote Trump everyone" blended so well with the attitude of this post I could see it coming before I read it.
Old November 6th 16, 12:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie Papa[_2_]
external usenet poster

On Saturday, 5 November 2016 19:44:00 UTC-4, Ramy wrote:
The "vote Trump everyone" blended so well with the attitude of this post I could see it coming before I read it.

With apologies for bringing this back to the subject of Seminole Lake Gliderport (although, as a 'non-resident alien' I am gobsmacked by this current exercise in 'democracy'), I returned for my ~15th season as a Snowbird at SLG, and it is indeed thriving. The facilities have never looked better (Chapeau Karen), the newer faces are indeed wonderful additions, and the business seems to be increasing. As a private owner, I am a little remote from the instruction/rides aspect of the operation, but while rigging, I sure see a lot of tows launching.

If the ownership were to transfer to Romania, it heartens me that they would have a healthy business to sell to a US owner; the prospect of its continued operation only enhanced by its ongoing success.

And a doff of the hat to Rich Owen, who has temporary custody of the place. So y'all c'mon down and fly.