Grob 102 maintenance and parts manual

Old July 28th 18, 08:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Papa of IN[_2_]

Default Grob 102 maintenance and parts manual

Recently I Purchased an Astir CS. I was surprise to see that someone installed the spoiler connection bolts the way that if I open the spoiler fully it will jam all the way open.
Could anyone share maintenance manual that we can install the new bolts correctly? I have to find out what kind of bolts I need for sure.
Such a popular glider, someone must have a parts and maintenance manual. Where can I get one?
Thanks guys!
Old July 28th 18, 08:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Daly[_2_]

On Saturday, July 28, 2018 at 3:21:47 PM UTC-4, Tango Papa of IN wrote:
Recently I Purchased an Astir CS. I was surprise to see that someone installed the spoiler connection bolts the way that if I open the spoiler fully it will jam all the way open.
Could anyone share maintenance manual that we can install the new bolts correctly? I have to find out what kind of bolts I need for sure.
Such a popular glider, someone must have a parts and maintenance manual. Where can I get one?
Thanks guys!

https://grob-aircraft.com/en/g-102-g...3sl-g-104.html

LTB-Lindner now hold the TC.
Old July 28th 18, 08:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Daly[_2_]

and their address is http://www.ltb-lindner.com/
Old July 28th 18, 08:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Michael Opitz

At 19:21 28 July 2018, Tango Papa of IN wrote:
Recently I Purchased an Astir CS. I was surprise to see that someone
installed the spoiler connection bolts the way that if I open the

spoiler
fully it will jam all the way open.
Could anyone share maintenance manual that we can install the new

bolts
correctly? I have to find out what kind of bolts I need for sure.
Such a popular glider, someone must have a parts and maintenance

manual.
Where can I get one?
Thanks guys!

LTB Lindner in Germany bought all the rights, patents, molds, spare
parts, etc to the Grob glider line, and they provide essentially
"factory support".

http://www.ltb-lindner.com/g-102-ad-sb.html

http://www.ltb-lindner.com/grob-saleplanes.html

They have a lot of spare parts in stock, and we have found them to
be quite responsive to our service needs.

RO

Old July 29th 18, 06:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

On Saturday, July 28, 2018 at 1:21:47 PM UTC-6, Tango Papa of IN wrote:
Recently I Purchased an Astir CS. I was surprise to see that someone installed the spoiler connection bolts the way that if I open the spoiler fully it will jam all the way open.
Could anyone share maintenance manual that we can install the new bolts correctly? I have to find out what kind of bolts I need for sure.
Such a popular glider, someone must have a parts and maintenance manual. Where can I get one?
Thanks guys!

Check with Robert Mudd, Moriarty, NM.
https://www.cumulus-soaring.com/soar...ks/repairs.htm
Old July 30th 18, 03:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Saturday, July 28, 2018 at 3:21:47 PM UTC-4, Tango Papa of IN wrote:
Recently I Purchased an Astir CS. I was surprise to see that someone installed the spoiler connection bolts the way that if I open the spoiler fully it will jam all the way open.
Could anyone share maintenance manual that we can install the new bolts correctly? I have to find out what kind of bolts I need for sure.
Such a popular glider, someone must have a parts and maintenance manual. Where can I get one?
Thanks guys!

I could not find a complite maintenance manual at the Linder site. Is this hard to come by? Does anyoneone of you have one? How can I get it? my AI needs to have it. Thanks
Old July 30th 18, 06:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Sunday, July 29, 2018 at 7:00:06 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Saturday, July 28, 2018 at 3:21:47 PM UTC-4, Tango Papa of IN wrote:
Recently I Purchased an Astir CS. I was surprise to see that someone installed the spoiler connection bolts the way that if I open the spoiler fully it will jam all the way open.
Could anyone share maintenance manual that we can install the new bolts correctly? I have to find out what kind of bolts I need for sure.
Such a popular glider, someone must have a parts and maintenance manual.. Where can I get one?
Thanks guys!

I could not find a complite maintenance manual at the Linder site. Is this hard to come by? Does anyoneone of you have one? How can I get it? my AI needs to have it. Thanks

To the best of my knowledge Lindner charges for copies of the manuals - a while back there was an SB and AD issued under the EASA requiring the manuals to be of a certain revision. Being in Canada where AD's issued by the original type certification authority are automatically applied we bought new manuals each of which came with the serial number of the particular glider printed on the pages. Lindner has been very helpful with parts and support for out Grobs (and the privately owned Phoebus in the club) so they should be able to get you a full manual pretty quickly.

I may have a chance this week to check out the manual for our 102 Standard 3 and if the manual has a picture of the parts in question I can email a picture in the hopes that it is of some help even though quite a few design changes happened to the 102 over the years.
Old August 2nd 18, 01:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Casey[_2_]

On Saturday, July 28, 2018 at 3:21:47 PM UTC-4, Tango Papa of IN wrote:
Recently I Purchased an Astir CS. I was surprise to see that someone installed the spoiler connection bolts the way that if I open the spoiler fully it will jam all the way open.
Could anyone share maintenance manual that we can install the new bolts correctly? I have to find out what kind of bolts I need for sure.
Such a popular glider, someone must have a parts and maintenance manual. Where can I get one?
Thanks guys!

Tango Papa of IN

Sorry to hear that you purchased an Astir CS that has repairs done incorrectly. Those connections were probably done when the locking levers that were cast aluminum were replaced with aluminum sheet. 306-26/2. (AD 85-19-06) I do not have the entire repair manual but I have all the TM repair bulletins instructions in German and English.

I wish you had purchased my Astir CS which I have up for sale on WW. All 9 AD's and all TM's performed in Germany on my glider. AD 85-19-06 was done in '85 prior to US AD being issued.

There are 40 TM's issued by Grob for the 102 variants. These include extension of service life. The 3000 hr inspection is no big deal other than following the 3000hr inspection 306-30/2. With a maximum of 12000 flight hours.. Of the 40 TM's only 9 are US AD's. I had a time confirming my AD's where completed because they were completed years prior to US AD's being issued. Its been awhile since I've read all the information for my glider but I will be happy to answer any specific questions. I can not imagine anyone having a more complete set of service info on the Astir CS.

BTW, Grob requested and received Manufactures Airworthy Cert from US in 1976. My ASTIR is 1975 model with 2400hrs and I will put her handling and maintenance with any other.

History in case you did not know: Grob was contracted to build the Standard Cirrus. The ASTIR CS was the first glider Grob produced of their own design and after they stop producing the Standard Cirrus. 535 ASTRI CS's were produced. Later designs were not as popular. The a ASTIR CS (535), ASTIR CS 77 (243), ASTIR CS JEANS (247), STANDARD ASTIR II (60), CLUB ASTIR II (60), STANDARD ASTIR III (151), CLUB ASTIR III (151), CLUB ASTIR IIIB (151).

Enjoy your Astir CS. It is easy to fly and fun. I can rig mine solo in 20 min.

Casey
Old August 2nd 18, 01:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Casey[_2_]

forgot; SPEED ASTIR II (26), SPEED ASTIR IIB (79)