musings - way waay OT

Old October 21st 06, 01:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Denny

Default musings - way waay OT

Well this has been fun if inefectual - but I actually feel better...

To those mumbling darkly about my vast salary ripped from the backs my
exploited employees - get a friggin clue! picture me rolling on the
floor in hysterical laughter - vast salary my ass... I'm well past
retirement age and still working a 12 hour week day - and it is
Saturday morning when I would really prefer to be out in my shop making
saw dust, and here I am working... Does that suggest anything to you?
probably not, jeeeezzzz....

later guys, I gotta work now... denny

Old October 21st 06, 01:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Matt Barrow

wrote in message

On 20-Oct-2006, "Denny" wrote:

A lesser skilled employee receives Medicaid and food stamp assistance for
herself and her
child...

Am I the only person who sees the system as being broken?

You don't say so, but I assume that this "lesser skilled" employee works
full time. What's broken is clearly a salary structure that does not
allow
a working person to support herself and her child above the poverty line.

Sure there is: it's called "Quitting and working elsewhere".

Meanwhile, CEOs and upper management draw salaries that are almost
unimaginable, and the gap is rapidly growing.

So, a CEO in charge of a $$multi-BILLION enterprise is getting a load of
money to not turn it into a $$multi-million enterprise (you might want to
look at GE's Jack Welsh for an example). I suppose that's only because
he/she's charming and wears the right clothes (as seen on TV and the
movies)...

On the other hand, your full-time employee brings...what?, to the company?

Old October 21st 06, 01:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Matt Barrow

"Gig 601XL Builder" wrDOTgiaconaATcox.net wrote in message

wrote in message

On 20-Oct-2006, "Denny" wrote:

A lesser skilled employee receives Medicaid and food stamp assistance
for
herself and her
child...

Am I the only person who sees the system as being broken?

You don't say so, but I assume that this "lesser skilled" employee works
full time. What's broken is clearly a salary structure that does not
allow
a working person to support herself and her child above the poverty line.
Meanwhile, CEOs and upper management draw salaries that are almost
unimaginable, and the gap is rapidly growing.

-Elliott Drucker

So Jay do you draw a salary that is "almost unimaginable?"

Unimaginably dearth.

Old October 21st 06, 01:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Matt Barrow

"Denny" wrote in message
oups.com...

Well this has been fun if inefectual - but I actually feel better...

To those mumbling darkly about my vast salary ripped from the backs my
exploited employees - get a friggin clue! picture me rolling on the
floor in hysterical laughter - vast salary my ass... I'm well past
retirement age and still working a 12 hour week day - and it is
Saturday morning when I would really prefer to be out in my shop making
saw dust, and here I am working... Does that suggest anything to you?
probably not, jeeeezzzz....

later guys, I gotta work now... denny

Work smarter, not harder, Denny!

Matt - putting in a few hours this Saturday.

Old October 21st 06, 01:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Matt Barrow

"kontiki" wrote in message
Ben Jackson wrote:

Could be as simple as that employee being careless setting their
exemptions. Maybe they get big refunds each April because they overpay
during the year.

Anyone with any intelligence would never do that. Why give the government
an interest free loan.

You answered the question in your first statement.

They don't teach such things on MTV or ESPN.

Old October 21st 06, 01:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Matt Barrow

"kontiki" wrote in message
.Blueskies. wrote:

This is the American way:
http://www.federalbudget.com/

Buying votes gets more expensive every year.

Ya gotta keep 'em bought.

Old October 21st 06, 02:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Matt Barrow

"kontiki" wrote in message
Matt Barrow wrote:

Well of course the system is broken and you have pointed
out exactly why. Things will not get better unless some
serious reform is enacted. A flat tax, or a national sales
tax would be an excellent start.

It won't do doodly squat!

What is your suggestion?

My suggestion is "Let nature take it's course".

By that, I mean that short of some benevolent dictatorship (rather in short
supply in human history) the problem is not political, but attitudinal (some
would say "philosophical"). America needs to lose the collectivist/thug
mindset. Short of that, things are not going to change in the least. At base
is that human foible of ENVY.

Until the overwhelming majority of Americans come to realize you cannot live
out of someone else's pocket (over 60% of Americans receive some sort of
government welfare), they will never give up their own graft. Frederick
Bastiat wrote about this over 160 years ago and to say he was prescient is
an understatement. NOTE: I do not abide that old myth about democracy
lasting only 200 years, as it's not a matter of a timetable, but attitudes
going in. Look at how long Russia lasted after the collapse of the old
Soviet Union.

For a nation that doesn't like someone telling them how to live their lives
(what they can spend their money on) they sure like to do it to their
neighbors.

No, there's noting one can do politically (see the article I referenced in
another post) seeing the nanny state is so popular.

--
Matt
---------------------

Old October 21st 06, 02:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jay Honeck

Hey, Jay!! Give this a read; long, almost 30 pages, but well worth it if
anyone thinks the Repubs are going to change any of this, ever.

http://www.theobjectivestandard.com/...nservatism.asp

I'll check it out, but I don't need it to outline the decline and fall
fo conservatism. I've watched it die on the vine for the last 8 years.

We need a socially liberal (and I don't mean welfare-state liberal),
fiscally conservative third party in this country, and we need it NOW.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA