Bush AWOL Story - New theory comes to light

Old March 28th 04, 05:27 AM
Kevin Brooks

"Republican Double Standard" wrote in message
. 1.4...
"Kevin Brooks" wrote in
:

What? You have been hammering the guy because you THOUGHT this was all
definitely tied to his denied transfer request, and come to find out
you have no earthly idea what ET is? OK, I'll let you off the hook a
bit--equivalent training. Performed by a Guardsman who can't attend
the normally scheduled drills with his unit; may be performed either
with the home unit or another unit (as in this case). Not uncommon at
all. Unfortunately, in my experience, screwing up the tracking and
recordation of ET is also not uncommon.

Bush transfer request denial specifically said it was *not* equivalent:

You *are* dumber than a fencepost. For the last time, his performance of ET
is a separate issue from his denied transfer.

Another dingbat without a clue, trying to construct a conspiracy from things
he has no understanding of. Figures.

Brooks

http://users.cis.net/coldfeet/doc5.gif

"Application for Reserve Assignment, Bush, George W, 1sr Lt

"TAG Texas

"1. Application for Reserve Assignment for First Lieutenant Bush is
returned.

"2. A review of his Master Personel Record shows he has a Military Service
Obligation until 26 May 1974. Under provisions of paragraph 30-6 n (4),
AFM 35-3, an obligated Reservist can be assigned to a specific Ready
Reserve position only. Therefore, he is ineligible for assignment to an
Air Reserve Squadron."

signed by The Director of Personnel Resources on 24 May 1972.

BUt hey - maybe you should call this guy:
http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/03/27/cou...ial/index.html

Maybe you can tell him all about "ET"

Old March 28th 04, 05:35 AM
Kevin Brooks

"Republican Double Standard" wrote in message
. 1.4...
Chad Irby wrote in
news
In article ,
Tempest wrote:

What documents disprove the Bush story?

There's a lot of documents that prove Bush went AWOL.

Official government documents.

www.awolbush.com

Funny... anyone who knows anything about how USAF paperwork is worded
and used will see that he served his time, and didn't get into any
trouble. The site authors seem to have trouble wit hteh phrase
"inactive reserves" and the concept of "exigencies of service."

The authors of that site did a lot of backflips to try and pretend
that he did something wrong, but it's not in the documents at that
site.

http://users.cis.net/coldfeet/doc9.gif

"Lt. Bush has not been observed at this unit during the period of
report. A civilian occupation made it necessary for him to move to
Montgomery, Alabama. He cleared this base on 15 May 1972 and has been
performing equivalent training in a non-flying status with the 187 TAC
recon Gp, Dannelly ANG Base, Alabama."

[signed]
"William D. Harris, Jr. Lt Col. Pilot, Flt Intcp"
"Jerry D. Killian, Lt. Col. Squadron Commander"

Both signatures dated 2 May 1973 [50 weeks after the date Bush "cleared
this base."]

http://users.cis.net/coldfeet/doc5.gif

"Application for Reserve Assignment, Bush, George W, 1sr Lt

"TAG Texas

"1. Application for Reserve Assignment for First Lieutenant Bush is
returned.

"2. A review of his Master Personel Record shows he has a Military
Service Obligation until 26 May 1974. Under provisions of paragraph 30-6
n (4), AFM 35-3, an obligated Reservist can be assigned to a specific
Ready Reserve position only. Therefore, he is ineligible for assignment
to an Air Reserve Squadron."

signed by The Director of Personnel Resources on 24 May 1972.

9 days *after* Bush "cleared" his prior posting. Bush failed to return
to his post in Texas for another 47 weeks after that. That is desertion
of duty. You cannot spin it any other way. You can pull strings (if your
Poppy) but you cannot change the fact that Bush's transfer request was
denied and he still failed to return to his post for nearly a year.

You have provided these meaningless cites about five times now--nobody is
buying into them being the foundation of this great conspiracy theory you
are trying to construct. You have repeatedly demonstrated you have
absolutely no understanding of the military in general, or the Guard in
particular; when presented with snippets of how those organizations do
operate, you snip it away and continue merrily on with your shrill ranting.
So... begone with you, and with your tireless machinations towards the goal
of conspiracy construction. Find a fencepost that is willing to listen to
you and try to learn something from it--should be a nearly equal battle in
terms of the wit level.

*plonk*

Brooks

Old March 28th 04, 06:07 AM
Grantland

"Kevin Brooks" wrote:

*plonk*

Brooks

Plonk everyone, asshole. Nya nya nya I can't heeeeaaarr you! Tosser.

Grantland

Old March 28th 04, 06:11 AM
Buzzer

On Sun, 28 Mar 2004 03:16:48 GMT, "David Hartung"
wrote:

"Buzzer" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 27 Mar 2004 17:03:16 -0600, Alan Minyard
wrote:

"A second previously unreleased document obtained by the newspaper, a
declassified Air Force Inspector General's report on the Washington
case, states that human reliability rules applied to all Air National
Guard units in the 1970s."

Another lie?

You really have no idea what the PRP programs are about, do you?

I only spent about ten years under HRP for some reason at various
times from 1963 to 1982.

Then you are aware that HRP certification was not necessary unless you were
in a job which put you in close proximity of specific weapon types, and it
is not known if President Bush's unit was tasked with these weapons.

Well I am aware you seem to have left out my last paragraph.

It might have been some policy thought up by a 2lt behind a desk
somewhere in a secret location to have some members of the National
Guard pre-qualified for HRP. Just in case of a national emergency
where they might come in contact with certain weapons. Even though the
base they were presently at did not have those weapons. And even
though said weapons might have been locked away and forgotten by that
time according to sources on the internet.

Old March 28th 04, 07:09 AM
Tempest

Kevin Brooks wrote:

[...]

Another ad homimen attack, the sure sign you don't know what you're
talking about.

You've been given cites to back up everyone's position, and yet you've
failed to provide one.

Now who are we to believe?

Hint, it's not you.

--
"The tyranny of a prince is not so dangerous to the public welfare as
the apathy of a citizen in a democracy."
Old March 28th 04, 07:10 AM
Tempest

Tempest wrote:

[...]

The last act of a coward.

Old March 28th 04, 01:19 PM
BUFDRVR

to have some members of the National
Guard pre-qualified for HRP.

???? If HRP was like PRP, either you're on it or you're not. I'm not sure what
an HRP "pre-qualification" would look like? What responsibilities would you
have? Would you be able to see a physician besides a USAF Flight Surgeon? How
about going to a magic show and getting hypnotized?

BUFDRVR

everyone on Bear Creek"
Old March 28th 04, 04:15 PM
Republican Double Standard

"David Hartung" wrote in
:

"Republican Double Standard" wrote in
message . 1.4...
"David Hartung" wrote in
:

My experience is 11 years in the USAF, but it seems to me that one
who has not served in any branch of the military, is in no position
to tell a Guardsman how the Guard works.

What do I win for accurately predicting your pathetic weasle?

Are you gay? Are you a virologist? You've pontificated quite a bit on
these two subjects you know. Are you someone who is not gay that
tells gays how they feel and act? Are you someone who has not studied
virology (BTW, I am a microbiologist which includes virology) but
feels like he's in a position to tell people who have studied
virology how viriuses work? And let's not forget your grand theory of
HIV epidemiology. Are you an epidemiologist? Do you live in Florida?
Have you voted there? You certainly have had a lot to say about how
voting works in Florida over the past few years.

You don't have to serve in the guard to be able to read a transfer
request denial from personel headquarters. Or are there hidden
messages in it that you only learn how to decifer after you've
served?

It is obvious that you will reject anything which counters your
preconceived opinion, but the simple fact is, one who is in the Guard

How could you possibly know? You have not offered anything that counters
my notions - preconceived or otherwise. All I know is that every actual
document I've seen clearly shows he asked for a transfer, it was denied,
but he still didn't show up at Ellington for a year. He did show up one
day at Dannelly to have his teeth examined. Other than that, there are
only generalizations about whether he was paid (which proves nothing
other than he was paid) and his discharge (which proves nothing because
the two Washington guardsmen who failed their HRP were both honorably
discharged).

is much more qualified to speak to the operation of the Guard than one
who has not.

This is ludicrous. It's like saying a school child is more qualified to
tell you how a school district functions than a superintendant who
didn't attend that particular school district.

I never served. I do not pretend to know everything about
how the Guard works, except that it was occasionally necessary for My
Dad to miss drills, this was no problem, he would make them up later.
The concept of equivalent training is not one which I am familiar
with, but it does stand to reason that there would be provisions for
Guardsmen to do such, after all, they all had civilian jobs.

My dad was in the Army. I suspect that if he had asked for a transfer
from Fort Bragg to another base and had had that request denied but
still failed to show up at Fort Bragg for 12 months, he would have been
court martialled. But then, his daddy wasn't a congressman.

One more point, there has been at least one individual who served with
George Bush in the Texas Guard, and according to this individual, Bush
did nothing wrong. My suggestion to you fools who keep beating this
dead horse would be to get a life.

This one individual you mention served with Bush in Texas from 70-71.
Why would you think his statements have any bearing on Bush's service
from 72-73?

[...]

"We gave Hussein a chance to allow inspectors in, and he wouldn't let
them in."
- George WMD. Bush, lying on July 14, 2003.
Old March 28th 04, 04:18 PM
[...]

Then produce documentation.

Another dingbat without a clue, trying to construct a conspiracy from
things he has no understanding of. Figures.

Another name-calling rightard who hasn't got a shred of evidence to
support his argument and figures that if he yells enough and calls people
enough names they will miraculously forget about actual evidence that
refutes his argument.

Brooks

I will give you credit for at least not snipping the lines below. But you
still ignored them. And you chose to call me names instead of producing
the slightest shred of evidence to refute them. It's the corollary to
Godwin's law. The first party to call names loses the argument.

Old March 28th 04, 04:19 PM

Tempest wrote:

[...]

Why are they "meaningless"? Because you can't refute them? Why can't you
produce cites of your own? Why don't you grow up, admit you don't know
what you're talking about and confess that you've been lying? It's the
only way you'll salvage even a shred of your long-lost dignity.

Bush's guard record JDKAHN Home Built 13 October 3rd 04 09:38 PM
bush rules! Be Kind Military Aviation 53 February 14th 04 04:26 PM
Bu$h Jr's Iran-Contra -- The Pentagone's Reign of Terror PirateJohn Military Aviation 1 September 6th 03 10:05 AM