Why was the USAF.....................

Old January 8th 04, 03:06 AM
David Hartung

"Gene Storey" wrote in message
news:zE1Lb.9465$6l1.4352@okepread03...
"Pete" wrote

Really. So what should have been done differently?

New York should have AAA and SAM batteries, like most third world
countries. There should be no way an airplane can enter New York City
at high speed that isn't identified. Any aircraft at the speeds given, at

such
a low altitude should be splashed before they enter a center of commerce.

I would have NYC ringed by Patriot batteries, and anything above 250 knots
that isn't on a flight plan should be terminated. Error on the side of

those on the
ground.

In the pre 911 world, how would you have justified such draconian actions?

Old January 8th 04, 03:10 AM
David Hartung

"BUFDRVR" wrote in message
Got any "D" model time?

Nope, only H model.

I got to look inside an H one time, it was at Giant Sword 1977. I imagine
they have changed some.

Old January 8th 04, 03:30 AM
Pete

"Mike Marron" wrote in message
"Pete" wrote:
"Mike Marron" wrote:

I'm the one asking the questions, here. You have to take into
consideration my other comments (not merely the one paragraph
above to which you've responded).

Once again, I said:

************************************************** *******************

The original poster asked a reasonable question and I was hoping
that someone such as yourself on active duty would've provided a
reasonable answer by now. Since I am not in the military I can only
speculate but it's obvious that the USAF dropped the ball on 9/11
BIG time!

Don't get me wrong, I realize that after the wall came down in 1989
the USAF didn't have fighters sitting at the ready all over the U.S.
pre-armed with missiles and pilots just waiting to shoot down domestic
airliners that have been hijacked by "Islamic ****s" ($1 to Juvat).

Having said that, to this day I too am confounded by the apparent
ineptness of the USAF (and especially the American intelligence
community) both of whom utterly failed to prevent the apocalyptic
death and destruction of 9/11.

Nowadays, when we're told of F-16's and -15's flying CAP over
major U.S. cities post-9/11 -- the first thing that springs to mind is
the old adage, "Closing the barn door after the horse has gotten
out..."

It appears that you believe the USAF "dropped the ball", and "utterly

failed
to prevent the apocalyptic death and destruction of 9/11."

Correct. Also note in my second paragraph above that I cut the
USAF some slack. And as you will note in my third paragraph above,
I also believe that the various U.S. intelligence agencies (CIA, NSA,
FBI, etc.) were equally as negligent, inept, incompetent, etc.

Again..I ask: How so?

Quite simply, the USAF is in the business of defending the good
ol' U.S. of A. The USAF, in addition to the USN, Army and Marine
Corps along with the various civilian intelligence and national
security agencies completely and totally failed to defend the
good ol' U.S. of A. on 11 Sept, 2001. Or, are you implying that
the USAF is exempt from sharing any blame for 9/11?

This being an aviation forum, what the CIA, NSA, Army, FBI, etc, etc, did or
did not do is irrelevant. The original troll asked specifically about the
USAF. In your initial reply, you singled out the USAF for 'ineptness'. Yes,
you included 'the American intelligence community', but you specifically
pointed to the Air Force as well.

Still you have not outlined the ways in which you think the USAF 'dropped
the ball'.

Absent any specific ideas in which you believe that the USAF could or should
have done anything differently on that morning, one can only presume that
you are merely dribbling out the side of your mouth.

Pete

Old January 8th 04, 03:36 AM
Chad Irby

In article zE1Lb.9465$6l1.4352@okepread03,
"Gene Storey" wrote:

I would have NYC ringed by Patriot batteries, and anything above 250 knots
that isn't on a flight plan should be terminated. Error on the side of those
on the
ground.

....and then they'd hit Washington and Los Angeles and San Francisco and
Dallas and New Orleans and Chicago and Detroit and Philadelphia and
Miami and Boston and Denver and Seattle and Atlanta and...

Well.

In reality, you'd have to buy a few thousand Patriot batteries, enlist a
few hundred thousand people to man them 24/7, and then the bad guys
would do something else to kill people.

cirby at cfl.rr.com

Slam on brakes accordingly.
Old January 8th 04, 03:54 AM
Mike Marron

"Pete" wrote:
"Mike Marron" wrote:

Or, are you implying that the USAF is exempt from sharing any blame for 9/11?

This being an aviation forum, what the CIA, NSA, Army, FBI, etc, etc, did or
did not do is irrelevant.

Actually, your sentence above is "irrelevant" since it has absolutely
nothing to do with my question.

The original troll asked specifically about the USAF.

Agreed.

In your initial reply, you singled out the USAF for 'ineptness'. Yes,
you included 'the American intelligence community', but you specifically
pointed to the Air Force as well.

Correct.

Still you have not outlined the ways in which you think the USAF 'dropped
the ball'.

And you still haven't answered my question. One more time, are you
saying that the USAF is exempt from sharing any blame for 9/11?

Please answer with a simple "yea" or "nay" right here --____________

Absent any specific ideas in which you believe that the USAF could or should
have done anything differently on that morning, one can only presume that
you are merely dribbling out the side of your mouth.

Now you're the one whose trolling.

Old January 8th 04, 04:18 AM
Pete

"Mike Marron" wrote in message
"Pete" wrote:
"Mike Marron" wrote:

You made the statement first, Mikey. Back it up.

Pete

Old January 8th 04, 04:30 AM
Mike Marron

"Pete" wrote:

You made the statement first, Mikey. Back it up.

Yep. Most definitely a troll.

Old January 8th 04, 04:36 AM
C.D.Damron

Show up at my door and ask a question like that, dumbass.

"Ron" wrote in message
m...

Old January 8th 04, 04:40 AM
Pete

"Mike Marron" wrote
"Pete" wrote:

You made the statement first, Mikey. Back it up.

Yep. Most definitely a troll.

Oh goodie! Can I go in your killfile now? Pretty please??

Pete

"... it's obvious that the USAF dropped the ball on 9/11 BIG time!"
--Mike Marron, 2004

Old January 8th 04, 04:45 AM
Mark and Kim Smith

Mike Marron wrote:

*********************************************** **********************

*********************************************** *********************

It appears that you believe the USAF "dropped the ball", and "utterly failed
to prevent the apocalyptic death and destruction of 9/11."

Correct. Also note in my second paragraph above that I cut the
USAF some slack. And as you will note in my third paragraph above,
I also believe that the various U.S. intelligence agencies (CIA, NSA,
FBI, etc.) were equally as negligent, inept, incompetent, etc.

Again..I ask: How so?

Quite simply, the USAF is in the business of defending the good
ol' U.S. of A. The USAF, in addition to the USN, Army and Marine
Corps along with the various civilian intelligence and national
security agencies completely and totally failed to defend the
good ol' U.S. of A. on 11 Sept, 2001. Or, are you implying that
the USAF is exempt from sharing any blame for 9/11?

Question: Your are in charge of the air force in 2001. What would you
have done to prevent 9/11 from occuring?