|If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.|
||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
Web Videos: WW2 Fighter Tactics, Desert Survival, P-51s, Flying Wing,B-58s On-the Deck, Bazookas & more
Zeno's Warbird Video Drive-In July 2013, 16th Anniversary Newsletter
Hello World War 2 & Jet aircraft fans –
This month marks the 16th Anniversary of Zeno's Warbird Video Drive-In http://www.zenoswarbirdvideos.com
as an Internet aviation landmark. We're celebrating by showing eight videos in our Matinee Theater, including four Drive-In premiers, all streaming in broadband!
As always, all of the videos showing on our web site are for your free viewing pleasure. Please help "spread the word" by liking us on Face book!
July Features "At the Matinee" at Zeno's Drive-In Free admission!
* Land and Live in the Desert for World War 2 Airmen NEW! (Restored) This remarkable film dramatization was used in World War 2 to train US aircrew on how to survive a crash landing in the desert. After getting really shot up, Army Air Force B-24 Liberator "Pippin" lands 400 miles from their nearest base, 60 miles from the nearest watering hole, on the desolate sands of North Africa. Two of the crew are wounded and temperatures hit 130 degrees F during the day. Their radio is out and they forgot to bring critical emergency supplies, figuring they wouldn't need them. What follows is a textbook case on how to make it out of the desert. You'll see how to turn a B-24 into a livable survival shelter, strip your aircraft of useful parts, set up and maintain beacon fires day and at night, learn from the Arabs on how to dress and drink in the desert, build and mark a rescue landing strip, ration food, water and supplies, deal with the hot sun & dehydration and a lot more.
* Offensive Fighter Tactics for World War 2 Airmen Color Learn the tactics US Navy fighter pilot's developed -- the hard way -- during the first two years of World War 2. Narrated and produced by legendary World War 2 fighter ace John "Jimmy" Thach ("The Thach Weave") & animated by Disney. Covers everything from situational awareness & assessing enemy capabilities to one-on-one dog fights and squadron tactics. Full of detailed illustrations & examples.
* 354th Fighter Group P-51 "Mustang Pioneers" Exclusive documentary in restored color Rare color film of the legendary 354 Fighter Group, with over 700 Kills, the highest scoring American unit in Europe. You'll see great aces like G.T. Eagleston and B.W. Carr at work and at play in their newly captured base in Germany in Spring, 1945, only a few months before war's end. Nice scenes with the group's well known P-51Ds too, including "Margie Maru" and "Angel's Playmate." This was the first group to fly P-51Bs in the ETO. Amazing color gun camera film
* B-58 Hustler Low Altitude Bombing Capability NEW! (Restored) The B-58's ability to hug the ground at very high speed without the benefit of fly by wire computer control was amazing! This is a simulated low level, long range attack launched from Carswell AFB in Texas against Edwards AFB in California. Much of the mission is flown at 700 mph and above at ground hugging altitude below 500 feet. The delta wing B-58 exhibited exceptional handling characteristics. Sensational from-the-cockpit views of the Hustler booming along over mountains and prairie.
* First Flights of the Northrop YB-49 Flying Wing - 1948 NEW! (Restored) This film was produced by the US Air Force and Northrop to show the first test flights of the YB-49 Flying Wing at Northrop' s Hawthorne, California facility, introducing it to the American public for the first time. The YB-49 was a redesign of the propeller driven B-35, upgraded with six GE Allison jet engines and various structural design improvements. The revolutionary design and almost other worldly, alien spacecraft-like lines of the jet powered Wing are highlighted in this very clean black and white footage.
* US Navy Carrier Planes in Action in the Korean War NEW! Operating strategically off the Korean coast from the first to last days of the Korean conflict, aircraft flying off the highly mobile, invulnerable carriers of the US 7th Fleet provided an irreplaceable component in United Nations force's offensive and defensive operations. This film, produced by the Department of the Navy, gives an historical summary of the role played by carrier forces as told through dramatic, first person documentary footage of carrier operations and gun camera film. You'll see McDonnell F2H Banshees, Grumman F9F Panthers, Douglas AD-1 Sky Raiders and World War II vintage Vought F4Us on the deck, in the air, and pounding targets.
* Enemy Interrogation of Prisoners (RAF - 1941) NEW! Digitally Restored. This film was developed to show World War 2 RAF aircrew what would happen if they were shot down & captured, their orders and duties, and the consequences if they let slip even the most innocent sounding facts. In this dramatization the four man crew of an RAF Hudson medium bomber fall into enemy hands and are interrogated by Luftwaffe intelligence officers. Despite knowing that they are only supposed to give their name rank and service number, they gradually reveal important facts about their aircraft, airfield, squadron, missions and more.
*Mastering the Bazooka Rocket Launcher (Restored) The bazooka is the great grand daddy of all modern man portable anti-armor rocket launchers. When fired from the battery powered M1 launcher, the original M6 Rocket, introduced in 1940, could penetrate 4'' of steel armor, making it useful not only against tanks and armored vehicles, but also against pill boxes, walls, bunkers etc. with a range that far exceeded the capability of contemporary weapons like grenade launchers. The range of targets of an individual soldier was expanded geometrically with the introduction of the Bazooka.
We also show 1940-45 vintage WWII Army & Navy films and pilot's manuals on how to fly the F4U, F6F, P-38, P-39, P-40, P-47, P-51, P-61, TBF/TBM, AT-6/SNJ, B-17, B-24, B-25, A-20, A-26, B-26, B-29, and Stearman N2S. Alert! - don't miss the F-86, B-47 & B-58!
Zeno's Warbird Video Drive-In
World War II Aviation Videos Playing Online 24/7
Now on Twitter @ZenosWarbirds
Web Videos: WW2 Fighter Tactics, Desert Survival, P-51s, Flying Wing, B-58s On-the Deck, Bazookas & more
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Web Videos: WW2 Fighter Tactics, Desert Survival, P-51s, Flying Wing,B-58s On-the Deck, Bazookas & more||Zeno[_1_]||Piloting||0||July 13th 13 08:32 PM|
|Web Videos: Hell Hawk P-47s, Navy Jet Tactics, Bombing Germany, B-29s& Bazookas||Zeno[_1_]||Piloting||0||April 11th 12 07:21 PM|
|Web videos: World War 2 & Korean War Fighter Tactics, D-Day & more||Zeno[_1_]||Owning||2||September 28th 11 05:15 PM|
|Web videos: World War 2 & Korean War Naval Fighter Tactics, D-Day & more||Zeno[_1_]||Naval Aviation||0||June 7th 11 06:09 PM|
|Web videos: World War 2 & Korean War Fighter Tactics, D-Day & more||Zeno[_1_]||Piloting||0||June 7th 11 06:07 PM|