EAA UWO Dorm Room (Air Conditioned) For Sale

Old January 24th 06, 07:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning

Default EAA UWO Dorm Room (Air Conditioned) For Sale

Montblack wrote:

I got roped into taking care of four cats last year. Won't do that again!

We have 6 cats. They'll take care of themselves for periods up to a week. If we
stay away that long, though, some of them give us an "do I know you?" look when
we get back. We just have to make sure they have clean litter boxes and adequate
food and water before we go.

George Patterson
Coffee is only a way of stealing time that should by rights belong to
your slightly older self.
Old January 24th 06, 07:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning

In article ,
"RST Engineering" wrote:

Gorgeous animal...have him tested for thyroid. I've seen more dogs perk up
when they get the thyroid working correctly than anything else.

His problem is arthritis, plus a congenital defect (he's missing one of
his hip joints, though that actually doesn't slow him down much). He's
on meds and they do help. But he's ten years old now, so he's not a
puppy any more. The days of ten mile hikes are over. But he still
bounces (literally!) when he knows it's time for dinner.

rg
Old January 24th 06, 08:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning

RST Engineering wrote:
So that's it, is it Jay? Just potty train her and let the little *******
fend for herself for two weeks while we're (for her 6 month old mind) gone
forever? Or stuff her in some kennel where if she's lucky they'll take her
for a walk once a day?

I'm available for dog-sitting. And by then, I'll have my new puppy and
will be potyt-training also. It might be nice to have "a big sibling"
to show how it's done!

Doggie door to the backyard, too. And rides in the car to the pet store!
And trips to the fenced in handball court at the school to play catch
*very safely*, since they can't get out.

All you have to do is get puppy to Denver. I'm not going to OSH this
year on general principles. Hate camping, lost all interest in the
dorms (after 4 years of it), can't get a decent hotel room.

Old January 24th 06, 08:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning

George Patterson wrote:
I understand that. We spent Christmas with my mother in Tennessee this year,
which meant our coonhound spent five days in a kennel. She lost about 5 pounds
-- just refused to eat. Next time we go, we're taking her with us and putting
her in a kennel down there. Then we can visit her every day.

My parents used to do that when they went to Las Vegas, NV. It was a
6-7 hour drive from Phoenix, dog went everywhere with them. Dog spent
the night at the kennel, spent the day with them. Precursor to
doggie daycare!

Old January 24th 06, 09:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning

Boy, Aint that the truth.

Al

"Rich S." wrote in message
. ..
"Montblack" wrote in message

I got roped into taking care of four cats last year. Won't do that again!

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. . .

Rich S.

Old January 24th 06, 09:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning

"Rich S." wrote in message
. ..
"Montblack" wrote in message

I got roped into taking care of four cats last year. Won't do that again!

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. . .

Rich S.

Great quote...

We serve these two:

http://www.pbase.com/flyingphotog/our_cats

Jay B

Old January 25th 06, 01:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning

Rich S. wrote:
"Montblack" wrote in message

I got roped into taking care of four cats last year. Won't do that again!

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. . .

Rich S.

How true, how true indeed.

Margy (4 cats, all old, all with "personalities")
Old January 25th 06, 03:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning

So Jim...Who gets the room at Oshkosh? I'd like to go if I had a place to
stay. Never been before. Be glad to pay you what you have in it.
Thanks,
Dave
"RST Engineering" wrote in message
.. .
Due to the recent loss of a deeply beloved furry member of our family and
the concomitant training requirements of a new puppy, Gail and Jim will
not be going to Oshkosh this year. First time in twelve years for Gail;
first time in thirty-three years for Jim.

We have a room in the newly air-conditioned Taylor Hall reserved for most
of the Show. I don't want to make a penny on it. If anybody wants this
room and is willing to pay me what I have on deposit ($50 or so) and take
over the "payments", then give me an email

First "regular" in these newsgroups gets it. I'll filter down to the
unknowns later. Paypal is the preferred method of payment.

Jim

(sniffle, bawl, poor damned puppydog didn't deserve her ultimate end ...)

Old January 25th 06, 06:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning

Sorry, Dave, Montblack beat you to it, but if he isn't bringing his
significant other, perhaps you could split the room with him. How about it,
Montblack?

Jim

Old January 25th 06, 06:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning

"D.Reid" wrote in message
So Jim...Who gets the room at Oshkosh? I'd like to go if I had a place to
stay. Never been before. Be glad to pay you what you have in it.
Thanks,
Dave

Dave, go to camp scholler, been doing it for the past 4 years. at worst you
can sleep in your car. at best i might have a spare bunk in the camper i'll
be taking.

EAA UWO Dorm Room (Air Conditioned) For Sale RST Engineering Owning 100 May 24th 06 09:25 PM
Anyone Got an Extra Oshkosh Dorm? Jay Honeck Piloting 12 June 26th 05 08:52 PM
'Room Temperature' Anthony Home Built 11 August 23rd 04 07:36 PM
UW-Oshkosh dorm room ...FOR SALE! Montblack Owning 5 July 26th 03 04:56 AM
UW-Oshkosh dorm room ...FOR SALE! Montblack Piloting 5 July 26th 03 04:56 AM