A REALLY bad joke

Old November 26th 06, 10:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Danny Dot

Default A REALLY bad joke

I just went on a short x-country with 3 friends to have dinner. It was
night as we returned in my Cessna 170. One was asleep in the back. I told
the others I could put us in a spin and us 3 would could scream like we were
going to die as the sleeper woke up in the middle of a spin.

We voted not to.

Danny Dot
www.mobbinggonemad.org

Old November 26th 06, 10:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

It isn't approved for spins with all the seat full.

Why not just land and have your friends lift the tail up,
after the prop has stopped and balance it on the nose, the
scream.

news |I just went on a short x-country with 3 friends to have

Old November 26th 06, 11:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
tony roberts

I told
the others I could put us in a spin and us 3 would could scream like we were
going to die as the sleeper woke up in the middle of a spin.

ever hear of weight and balance?

--

Tony Roberts
PP-ASEL
Old November 27th 06, 12:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
buttman

A 170? With 2 people in the back seat?

Read the POH. You wouldn't have been able to get out of the spin with
the CG that far aft.

I hope you're a troll. If you even considered this for a moment, you
shouldn't be flying.

What's with people's need to always get their panties in a bunch about
little things like this all the time around here? HE SAID IT WAS A
JOKE. THEY NEVER DID IT. Jesus Christ people, go outside sometime...

Old November 27th 06, 01:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
studentPPSEL

"buttman" wrote in message
ups.com...

What's with people's need to always get their panties in a bunch about
little things like this all the time around here? HE SAID IT WAS A
JOKE. THEY NEVER DID IT. Jesus Christ people, go outside sometime...

I agree.....it seems that when people are behind a keyboard and monitor they
seem all too ready to jump down everyone's throats about little stuff. Now
if the OP had written that he had actually performed this maneuver then
maybe some criticism of his actions would be warranted.

A good well placed joke always reminds me of how funny life can be. But
taken too far and it is no longer funny!

Old November 27th 06, 01:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Darkwing

"Danny Dot" wrote in message
news
I just went on a short x-country with 3 friends to have dinner. It was
night as we returned in my Cessna 170. One was asleep in the back. I told
the others I could put us in a spin and us 3 would could scream like we
were going to die as the sleeper woke up in the middle of a spin.

We voted not to.

Danny Dot
www.mobbinggonemad.org

One night driving to Florida my buddy was a sleep in the passenger seat and
I think we were the only vehicle in the area, I slammed on the brakes (we
both had belts on) and screamed! I laughed my ass off, he didn't think it
was near as funny, but I'm a huge dick.

DW

Old November 27th 06, 02:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

B A R R Y wrote:

Once upon a time, I was on a night flight with another (non-required)
pilot, in a non-autopilot equipped aircraft. At some point, he fell
asleep in the right seat. I turned the DG 180 degrees of where we
were headed. I then bumped him, and thanked him for flying while I
slept and asked how come we were headed the wrong way.

The look on his face was worth it's weight in gold! G

OK, THAT was funny! It was creative, and no screaming.

Old November 27th 06, 04:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steve Foley[_2_]

Darkwing" theducksmailATyahoo.com wrote in message

One night driving to Florida my buddy was a sleep in the passenger seat
and I think we were the only vehicle in the area, I slammed on the brakes
(we both had belts on) and screamed! I laughed my ass off, he didn't think
it was near as funny, but I'm a huge dick.

A long time ago, I fell asleep whily my friend was driving. He locked up the
brakes on the highway and spun the car 360 degrees. I woke up in the middle.

Old November 27th 06, 07:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Greg B

"Steve Foley" wrote in message
Darkwing" theducksmailATyahoo.com wrote in message

One night driving to Florida my buddy was a sleep in the passenger seat
and I think we were the only vehicle in the area, I slammed on the brakes
(we both had belts on) and screamed! I laughed my ass off, he didn't
think it was near as funny, but I'm a huge dick.

A long time ago, I fell asleep whily my friend was driving. He locked up
the brakes on the highway and spun the car 360 degrees. I woke up in the
middle.

(More stupid people tricks..)

I had a passenger sleeping while I was following one of those large tow
trucks that was towing a semi-tractor by its tail. She woke up and screamed
at first until she realized we weren't on a collision course with the semi.
Sure startled me...

Old November 27th 06, 08:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dale

Hauling skydivers. I took an extra yoke along stuffed next to my seat.
After we'd been climbing awhile I told the guy next to me to be quiet as
I got the extra yoke out of hiding. I let out the expected "Oh S*&^" as
I wiggled the rudder a little and handed the yoke to the folks in back
as if mine had come off.