Carol Of The Bells disturbing Christmas

Old December 19th 06, 02:46 AM posted to rec.music.classical,comp.os.os2.advocacy,rec.aviation.products,demon.local,alt.astronomy
Michael Baldwin, Bruce

Default Carol Of The Bells disturbing Christmas

Art S wrote:
You reminded me of an experience years ago while working with a choral
teacher here in NYC. He was rehearsing the Carol of the Bells and he
stopped the group after a few moments and told the young men, 'boys, your
ding dongs aren't long enough.'

True story.

Art

Was Dickless in the choir?

BubbaGump wrote in message
Is it just me or is anyone else perplexed by why Carol Of The Bells is
a Christmas song? The lyrics are fine, but whenever I hear that
melody repeating over and over it immediately reminds me of the theme
song from some sort of horror movie, maybe Halloween or Jaws.

Also, there's something about the repetition that makes it sound like
the person playing is going mad. I mean insane.

Lastly, the loud overly done version that's played on the radio kind
of reminds me of a scene from an action movie where huge buildings or
blowing up.

In any case, although I don't celebrate Christmas, this song has
always confused me because none of this imagery seems associated with
the idea of peaceful happy times.

Weird.

Old December 23rd 06, 01:49 AM posted to rec.music.classical,comp.os.os2.advocacy,rec.aviation.products,demon.local,alt.astronomy
Michael Baldwin, Bruce

wrote:
"Michael Baldwin, Bruce" wrote in message
ups.com...
wrote:
"Michael Baldwin, Bruce" wrote in message
ps.com...
wrote:
"Michael Baldwin, Bruce" wrote in message
oups.com...

Art S wrote:
You reminded me of an experience years ago while

working
with a
choral
teacher here in NYC. He was rehearsing the Carol of

the
Bells
and
he
stopped the group after a few moments and told the

young
men,
'boys,
your
ding dongs aren't long enough.'

True story.

Art

Was Dickless in the choir?

LOL!

Bet they played some ABBA!

That's even worse than the movie music.

I know. I was there. Remember? No need to remind me.

You're the one who brought it up. It's time to pluto the ABBA
arrangements.

Its time to pluto Dickless and band music too.

Didn't Tholen already get pluto'd? I wonder if his petition
accomplished
anything.

It wouldn't once he starts arguing with them. I think you know what I
mean.

Good point.

Non sequitur and rather ironic.

What does that have to do with classical music?

On what basis do you make that k'lame?

Old December 23rd 06, 06:44 AM posted to rec.music.classical,comp.os.os2.advocacy,rec.aviation.products,demon.local,alt.astronomy
Michael Baldwin, Bruce

Art S wrote:
[...]

Where is the alleged k'lame?

WDTHTDWDL?

Old December 24th 06, 11:37 AM posted to rec.music.classical,comp.os.os2.advocacy,rec.aviation.products,demon.local,alt.astronomy
Michael Baldwin, Bruce

wrote:
"Michael Baldwin, Bruce" wrote

in
message

oups.com...
wrote:
"Michael Baldwin, Bruce"

wrote
in
message

ups.com...
Art S wrote:
[...]

WDTHTDWOS2?

WDTHTDWCM?

Old December 24th 06, 11:40 AM posted to rec.music.classical,comp.os.os2.advocacy,rec.aviation.products,demon.local,alt.astronomy
Michael Baldwin, Bruce

wrote:
"Michael Baldwin, Bruce" wrote in

message

roups.com...

Art S wrote:
[...]

What does classical music have to do with anything?

ITYM, WDCMHTDWA?

--
COOSN-266-06-39716
Official Overseer of Kooks and Saucerheads in alt.astronomy

"Who is "David Tholen", Daedalus? Still suffering from
attribution problems?"
-- Dr. David Tholen