F22 air dams/strakes: the definitive answer.

Old November 19th 03, 02:14 AM
Matthew G. Saroff

John Mullen wrote:

B2431 wrote:
From: "Keith Willshaw"

Sure, that is why the RAF practised forward deployment for the
Harrier force but I dont recall anything about Eurofighter operating
in such a mode.

Keith

I hadn't thought of that, but I would have assumed they would have at least
considered it.

Dan, U. S. Air Force, retired

AFAIK only Sweden, Poland and (maybe?) Finland practise this capability.

I know that it was demonstrated with NATO Jaguars.

I remember an ad in AV Week with one taking off from the
autobahn.
--
Matthew Saroff

Does anyone else out there strongly feel that the folks at the TV
Networks who have censored out Daffy's beak getting blown off (Shoot
Me NOW!) deserve to be stripped naked, tied face down over a chair,
covered with moose musk, and set in the migratory path of a large
moose herd?
Comments to (remove the numbers to reply)
Check
http://www.pobox.com/~msaroff, including The Bad Hair Web Page
Old November 19th 03, 04:14 AM
Chad Irby

Peter Kemp peter_n_kempathotmaildotcom@ wrote:

Singapore also periodically practices operating from roads, although
there's only do far they can go :-)

....but they're developing a whole new wing of semi-submersible airplanes
for just such an occasion...

cirby at cfl.rr.com

Slam on brakes accordingly.
Old November 19th 03, 05:01 AM
John Penta

On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 04:14:14 GMT, Chad Irby wrote:

Peter Kemp peter_n_kempathotmaildotcom@ wrote:

Singapore also periodically practices operating from roads, although
there's only do far they can go :-)

...but they're developing a whole new wing of semi-submersible airplanes
for just such an occasion...

Huh? Elaborate, pleaaaaaaase. This intrigues me greatly, just on the
"coolness" factor alone.

Subplanes.:-)

John
Old November 19th 03, 05:53 AM
Thomas Schoene

John Penta wrote:
On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 04:14:14 GMT, Chad Irby wrote:

Peter Kemp peter_n_kempathotmaildotcom@ wrote:

Singapore also periodically practices operating from roads, although
there's only do far they can go :-)

...but they're developing a whole new wing of semi-submersible
airplanes for just such an occasion...

Huh? Elaborate, pleaaaaaaase. This intrigues me greatly, just on the
"coolness" factor alone.

Singapore is an island nation, and a small one at that, so there aren';t a
lot of long roads. The rest is just humor.
"If brave men and women never died, there would be nothing
special about bravery." -- Andy Rooney (attributed)

Old November 19th 03, 02:34 PM
John Penta

On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 05:53:06 GMT, "Thomas Schoene"
wrote:

John Penta wrote:
On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 04:14:14 GMT, Chad Irby wrote:

Peter Kemp peter_n_kempathotmaildotcom@ wrote:

Singapore also periodically practices operating from roads, although
there's only do far they can go :-)

...but they're developing a whole new wing of semi-submersible
airplanes for just such an occasion...

Huh? Elaborate, pleaaaaaaase. This intrigues me greatly, just on the
"coolness" factor alone.

Singapore is an island nation, and a small one at that, so there aren';t a
lot of long roads. The rest is just humor.

Dammit, the idea seemed so cool.