Pentagon admits Environment source for future wars

Old February 22nd 04, 07:50 PM
Aerophotos

Default Pentagon admits Environment source for future wars

A report below for Pentagon reveals that greenhouse warming, climate
impacts etc, will shape the world and wars of future.

Kyoto environmental pact which USA and sadly liberal run Australia have
refused to sign is a major issue in this equation. Terrorism evens get
pushed aside the Pentagon fears by environmental issues in the future.

The world is going backwards very fast due to lack of environmental
repairs, sadly which should of been done years ago.

Scientists provided reports 10-30yrs ago and sadly they all seem to be
coming true.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...5E1702,00.html
Old February 22nd 04, 11:54 PM
Jim Doyle

"Aerophotos" wrote in message
A report below for Pentagon reveals that greenhouse warming, climate
impacts etc, will shape the world and wars of future.

Kyoto environmental pact which USA and sadly liberal run Australia have
refused to sign is a major issue in this equation. Terrorism evens get
pushed aside the Pentagon fears by environmental issues in the future.

Forgive my ignorance, but I thought Australia was set to benefit
substantially from the '97 Kyoto Protocols, their CO2 emissions are
permitted to go up 21%. The US and Europe benefit the least with required
reductions of 7% and 8% respectively, (5.3 billion tonnes of CO2 gets put
out by the US each year!) the EU totals are divided in a similar manner such
that the UK must reduce CO2 output by 12.5%. How come the Australians won't
sign? I've been looking into CO2 emissions recently (fun that they are!),
hence the interest.

Jim D

The world is going backwards very fast due to lack of environmental
repairs, sadly which should of been done years ago.

Scientists provided reports 10-30yrs ago and sadly they all seem to be
coming true.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...8764041%255E17
02,00.html

Old February 23rd 04, 01:25 AM
t_mark

The world is going backwards very fast due to lack of environmental
repairs, sadly which should of been done years ago.

No, it's not. The facts are that the global environment has been improved
tremendously, the main outstanding issue being global warming which no one
is sure can even be stopped. Even scientists who believe humans are the
primary cause generally agree that the Kyoto protocol's standards are far
too low to have any actual impact on the process.

Old February 23rd 04, 08:17 AM
Stuart Chapman

"Jim Doyle" wrote in message

[...]

Australia did hold out during the Kyoto negotiations, in order to gain
additional CO2 emission allowances. These were claimed to be in the
country's economic interest.

Now the Government won't sign of on ratification. Why not?? Basically
because it is again claimed that it isn't in the country's economic
interest. But really, the present government takes its cues from the US. As
long as the US isn't signing, this government won't. My guess is if Kerry
becomes president and ratifies Kyoto, we will follow suit. I know this may
sound simplistic but I honestly believe its true.

BTW, for historical reasons, the Liberal party (incumbent) here is actually
on the conservative side of politics. The left wing is traditionally held
by the Labor party, although now the left is really represented by the
Democrats and the Greens.

Stupot

Old February 23rd 04, 08:36 AM
Tamas Feher

A report below for Pentagon reveals that greenhouse warming,
climate impacts etc, will shape the world and wars of future.

Here is the original article:
http://observer.guardian.co.uk/inter...153513,00.html

Old February 23rd 04, 01:33 PM
Jim Doyle

"t_mark" wrote in message

The world is going backwards very fast due to lack of environmental
repairs, sadly which should of been done years ago.

No, it's not. The facts are that the global environment has been improved
tremendously, the main outstanding issue being global warming which no one
is sure can even be stopped. Even scientists who believe humans are the
primary cause generally agree that the Kyoto protocol's standards are far
too low to have any actual impact on the process.

The key to Kyoto is meeting a triple bottom line approach to satisfy
economic, social and environmental factors. Developed countries that need to
curtail output do so to allow non-developed countries to sustain their
economic growth with less efficient and non-environmentally friendly
measures. Once satisfied, long term measures will (?!) be implemented to
reduce emissions and develop 'clean pipe' production across the board. So
yes, Kyoto won't stop the environmental impact; but then again, it's not
meant to.

Jim D