Nephi Camping?

Old June 8th 16, 06:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Nephi Camping?

First trip to Nephi coming up. I normally sleep in my van at the airport for contests (Uvalde being the exception). Possible at Nephi? Access to a shower is the question. I have a motel room booked but wanted to explore options.

Chip Bearden
Old June 8th 16, 11:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Wednesday, June 8, 2016 at 11:55:07 AM UTC-6, wrote:
First trip to Nephi coming up. I normally sleep in my van at the airport for contests (Uvalde being the exception). Possible at Nephi? Access to a shower is the question. I have a motel room booked but wanted to explore options.

Chip Bearden

There is some of this info on the contest website: https://sites.google.com/site/nephisoaring/

Staying at the airport is in the category of "Dry Camping." There is a restroom on site but no showers. Water for the restroom is drawn from a small well and is not considered potable. The Flying J in Nephi offers showers for $12 and the Top Stop has showers for $7.50. Yes, we need to build showers in Nephi and have full RV accommodations. Some day. One thing at a time!

See you all next week!
Bruno - B4
Old June 9th 16, 03:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
George Haeh

Local public swimming pools are good for
showers at a reasonable price.

http://www.nephirecreation.com/swimmi
ng-pool.html

Old June 9th 16, 04:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I was going to suggest driving up to Provo or Orem and use the rec centers there. $5 for Provo Rec and $4.50 for Orem Fitness Center. Provo has a top of the line facility, though I'm partial to Orem as I used to work there during college. Go early in the morning and get a workout and a shower in before flying.
Old June 9th 16, 04:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Wednesday, June 8, 2016 at 9:31:39 PM UTC-6, wrote:
I was going to suggest driving up to Provo or Orem and use the rec centers there. $5 for Provo Rec and $4.50 for Orem Fitness Center. Provo has a top of the line facility, though I'm partial to Orem as I used to work there during college. Go early in the morning and get a workout and a shower in before flying.

Wait...so let us get this straight? Drive 82.8 miles round trip to the rec center so you can save $2.50 for a shower? You must be a glider pilot!
Old June 9th 16, 12:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

On Wednesday, June 8, 2016 at 11:51:56 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Wait...so let us get this straight?
Drive 82.8 miles round trip to the rec center
so you can save $2.50 for a shower?
You must be a glider pilot!

Nope, a real glider pilot wouldn't shower.
Old June 9th 16, 02:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Wait...so let us get this straight? Drive 82.8 miles round trip to the rec center so you can save $2.50 for a shower? You must be a glider pilot!

That, and Provo probably has the nicest lap pools in the state.
Old June 9th 16, 06:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Gee, Bruno, you've got a week. What's the problem?

I did check the Web site (lots of good info) and looked into a nice campground. But a tent site was $25/night vs. a budget motel at $40 so the latter is what I've got now. Just wanted to see what other frugal glider pilots do.. Combining a workout with a shower sounds great but not the 80+ mile round trip.

Chip Bearden

Looking for a car to rent in Nephi Dave Springford Soaring 4 April 6th 16 11:21 PM
Going to Nephi? Paul Remde Soaring 6 June 26th 15 05:22 AM
New Video From Nephi and Update on 2014 Nephi Events [email protected] Soaring 1 June 5th 14 03:27 AM
Nephi, UT Kevin Christner Soaring 4 February 3rd 14 09:18 PM
KS Duo at Nephi Karl Striedieck[_2_] Soaring 0 January 9th 14 02:18 AM