Blanik L-13 & TN L105 about inspection on control bridge

Old October 31st 09, 07:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
nimbus

Default Blanik L-13 & TN L105 about inspection on control bridge

Last year, during the annual inspection, we found some cracks as
described in the L105 Technical Note.

The cracks were located in the solder joint. We did perform a repair
within an appoved Air Workshop. We even receivd a Quality Certificate
for this repair.

Unofrtunately, now our "beloved" Administration refused to provide us
the renewal of our Airworthiness Certifricate because in the Technical
Note, it is said that if cracks are found, the control bridge has to
be replaced. No mention about any kind of repair.

Does someone have recommendation? A note from LET stating that a
repair would be acceptable?

Many thanks for any help.
Bruno
Old November 1st 09, 04:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
BT

You do not state which country you are in.
I just re read the AD.. the US FAA used the "Mandatory Continuing
Airworthiness Information (MCAI)" issued by another country to create
Airworthiness Directive (AD) for US registered aircraft flying under a US
issued airworthiness certificate.

AD requires mandatory compliance.
In the US, the AD also states that an "alternate means of compliance" (AMOC)
may be applied for. This means you have to apply before the work is done on
how you intend to conduct a "repair". The MCAI and the resulting AD did not
specify a repair would meet the requirement.. only replacement of the
offending part.

The AMOC must be applied for and approved before the work is done, The
factory that issued the MCAI normally has to agree with the AMOC, but not
always.

Having already completed the work, it would appear the only way to get your
airworthiness certificate back is to remove the repaired part and replace it
with one from the factory.

BT

Old November 1st 09, 05:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Taylor

http://www.brunomaes.com/
Old November 1st 09, 07:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
nimbus

I am from Belgium (Europe).....

Old pics - new scans 3 - Than Hoa bridge after LGB strike - note adjacent pontoon bridge Dave Kearton Aviation Photos 0 January 15th 08 09:47 PM
Pre-buy Inspection Jon Kraus Owning 49 September 1st 04 12:42 PM
100 Hr Inspection Scott D. General Aviation 6 August 15th 04 01:03 AM
You Want Control? You Can't Handle Control! -- Was 140 dead ArtKramr Military Aviation 0 March 2nd 04 08:48 PM
FAA inspection Paul Lee Home Built 6 February 23rd 04 07:15 PM