SSA WEBINAR

Old May 3rd 18, 08:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

Default SSA WEBINAR

Wanted to give a shoutout to the guys who devoted their time and expertise to the SSA webinar!
Thanks
Old May 3rd 18, 09:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I missed it but want to watch the recording - anybody got a handy link to that?
Old May 3rd 18, 11:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Thursday, May 3, 2018 at 1:31:03 PM UTC-7, wrote:
I missed it but want to watch the recording - anybody got a handy link to that?

Since it's from the SSA, visiting the website might (and does) provide information :-)

5Z
Old May 3rd 18, 11:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Thursday, May 3, 2018 at 5:06:18 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Thursday, May 3, 2018 at 1:31:03 PM UTC-7, wrote:
I missed it but want to watch the recording - anybody got a handy link to that?

Since it's from the SSA, visiting the website might (and does) provide information :-)

5Z

Hmm, I must not be looking in the right spot either because all I see is a link to sign up for the class that was already held on 1-May and another link to a promo video. I see no links to the replay nor links to register for the 15-May thermalling webinar. The most recent article in the General News section is from November, 2017.
Old May 4th 18, 03:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JP Stewart

On Thursday, May 3, 2018 at 6:22:47 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Thursday, May 3, 2018 at 5:06:18 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Thursday, May 3, 2018 at 1:31:03 PM UTC-7, wrote:
I missed it but want to watch the recording - anybody got a handy link to that?

Since it's from the SSA, visiting the website might (and does) provide information :-)

5Z

Hmm, I must not be looking in the right spot either because all I see is a link to sign up for the class that was already held on 1-May and another link to a promo video. I see no links to the replay nor links to register for the 15-May thermalling webinar. The most recent article in the General News section is from November, 2017.

If you missed the webinar, just "register" here and you will be able to access it: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/reg...00518487229185

Best,
JP
Old May 4th 18, 06:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Much appreciate! The initial interest in the webinar series has been STRONG..

So strong in fact that we are hosting in essence 2 webinar series: the 1st Tuesday of every month is a series of varying topics and with a different presenter each time. The next one is Tuesday June 5 and the presenter is Cindy Brickner. Her topic is: TAKEOFF DANGERS AND HOW TO AVOID THEM

The second webinar track is presented every 3rd Tuesday of the month and is ALWAYS presented by Eric Carden. The information Eric is presenting is specifically geared to thermaling techniques and cross-country soaring.

ALL webinars start at 7pm Central time.

If anyone has specific questions or would like to be a presenter or is interested in a specific topic to be presented, please contact me directly at
Old May 9th 18, 03:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Thursday, May 3, 2018 at 2:45:06 PM UTC-5, Jonathan St. Cloud wrote:
Wanted to give a shoutout to the guys who devoted their time and expertise to the SSA webinar!
Thanks

I agree with Jonathan, the Webinar was well done. Thank you to all who produced it. I'm looking forward to participating in more of them.
Old May 9th 18, 07:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Thanks for the encouragement! I’m just a simple soaring enthusiast and thought our community could benefit from some good training other than primary. The hypothesis is that far too many pilots leave our sport prematurely because they can’t quite “crack the code” of thermaling efficiently and going cross country.

There is so much knowledge within our ranks and I was just looking for a platform to share some of it with as wide an audience as possible!

I called the SSA to ask for their support and they jumped in with both feet! One of the board members, Mitch Hudson, helped get this off the ground along with a young man named JP Stewart. Ken Sorenson, the SSA Chairman, has given us great latitude to execute this vision.

Please help spread the word with all your individual clubs and organizations. Our next webinar is 5/15 at 7 pm CENTRAL and is titled: THERMALING 101: The Easy As 1-2-3 method

This series of “how to” training webinars occurs every THIRD Tuesday of the month and Eric Carden is the presenter (he has developed an excellent curriculum starting from basic thermal skills to advanced x/c and racing) each and every month.

We also have a concurrent series of webinars that are scheduled the FIRST Tuesday of every month at 7 pm CENTRAL. This series covers a wide range of soaring topics from Safety, technology, interviews with top world soaring champions, and SO MUCH more! These 1st Tuesday webinars will be presented by a different soaring expert each month.

For now, I am the primary “host” for both these webinar series and I’ve enlisted the help of Bruno Vassel to be a co-host. HOWEVER, my vision is to train as many folks who are willing, and have have as many hosts and co-hosts as we have presenters.

SO I’M THROWING DOWN THE CHALLENGE: if you would like to be a presenter, host, or co-host, or want to “nominate” someone to be so - reach out to me directly (Ramy - I’m talking to you

David Lessnick:

Old June 5th 18, 06:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
CindyB[_2_]

On Thursday, May 3, 2018 at 12:45:06 PM UTC-7, Jonathan St. Cloud wrote:
Wanted to give a shoutout to the guys who devoted their time and expertise to the SSA webinar!
Thanks

Tuesday - June 5. 5 pm PDT, 6pm CDT, 7EDT

Friends:

I'm presenting a webinar on Takeoff Dangers and How to Avoid Them...

it's FREE !

You have to click on this link

http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay....63091402469379

and sign in to be "registered" for the Webinar Event.

That lets you hear the event Live..... the event will be recorded and can be found and played back
from the SSA website , look under Member Resources, and then slide down to third from the bottom line for Webinars.

You can watch this on a tablet or a home computer.
There is no special software required, it is viewed through your web browser.
You could watch it in a phone, but the pictures will be pretty tiny.
Drawings, checklists, animated illustrations, and videos.
It is NOT "just me talking" for an hour.....

There are a few other Webinars already there, for you to enjoy at any time.
All new Webinars will be archived there.
There will be new topics on Tuesdays evenings continuing throughout the summer.
This is a new SSA Member benefit.

Thanks,

Cindy Brickner

Old August 1st 18, 11:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
dmarin

Please register for SOARING WEATHER FORECASTING FOR DUMMIES, held on August 7th, 2018 5:00 pm PDT at:

https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/reg...331?source=SSA

This is the 4th webinar in a series that focuses on a myriad of soaring topics ranging from soaring safety, off-field landing techniques, soaring weather, badge flying, setting up your glide computer, flying cloud streets, and oh, so, so much more!

Each webinar in this series is presented by a different expert and takes place live every 1st Tuesday of the month at 7pm CENTRAL TIME. If you are unable to attend the live webinar, you can view it and all prior webinars at ssa.org, under the "Member Resources" tab "Webinars." No WINGS credit for recordings.

For our August webinar, we are thrilled to have Ramy Yanetz, one of the top cross-country pilots in the country (he REGULARLY logs 1,000 km+ flights and is constantly a top 5 finisher in the OLC), as our presenter. Ramy started flying hang gliders in Israel before moving to the U.S. in 1990. He transitioned to sailplanes 20 years ago and has accumulated close to 7,500 flying hours and nearly half a million km in cross-country flights! Ramy flies an ASG29 out of multiple places in California, Nevada, and Utah.

THIS AND ALL OF OUR WEBINARS ARE NOW ELIGIBLE FOR THE FAA WINGS PROGRAM! The FAA Pilot Proficiency Program, or WINGS program, is one of my favorite FAA sponsored activities. The FAA, along with the aviation industry, has realized recurrent training reduces the accident rate dramatically.

The WINGS program includes both learning activities and flight tasks to be accomplished for credit towards obtaining one of the levels in the WINGS program. After completing a level of the WINGS program, you may substitute this completion for your flight review.

It is easy to sign up for the program and is free. Go to www.faasafety.gov for more information. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU USE THE SAME EMAIL TO REGISTER FOR WINGS AS YOU DO TO REGISTER FOR OUR WEBINARS.

SOARING WEATHER FORCASTING FOR DUMMIES teaches real world techniques of how to use simple forecasting tools (mainly Dr Jack blipmaps and RASP as well as SkySight) to decide when and where to fly in order to maximize your flying results. This is NOT about understanding the intricacies of weather.

Seats are limited to 500 and fill up fast so REGISTER TODAY!

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.

-David Lessnick