Where can I buy wheels for a Cobra trailer?

Old April 27th 07, 06:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell

Default Where can I buy wheels for a Cobra trailer?

I'm replacing my Cobra trailer axle with a new one that uses different
wheels than the original axle , so I'll need three wheels with 14"
diameter, 5" to 6" rim width, and a 112 mm, 5 bolt pattern.

Standard steel wheels would be fine, but I'd like to upgrade to
something fancier. My problem is most of the Internet dealers list their
wheels by the car make and model they fit, instead of by dimensions.

Does anyone know of a good source for this size wheel, besides Cobra?
Does anyone know what make and model cars use a wheel of this size?

I haven't tried searching the local wheel dealers or salvage yards, but
that's next if this query fails.

--
Eric Greenwell - Washington State, USA
* "Transponders in Sailplanes" http://tinyurl.com/y739x4
* "A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane Operation" at www.motorglider.org
Old April 27th 07, 08:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bert Willing

You probably need to look for caravan supplies. Cobra or Komet wheels are
different from car wheels.

* "A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane Operation" at www.motorglider.org

Old April 27th 07, 01:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Apr 26, 11:36 pm, Eric Greenwell wrote:
I'm replacing my Cobra trailer axle with a new one that uses different
wheels than the original axle , so I'll need three wheels with 14"
diameter, 5" to 6" rim width, and a 112 mm, 5 bolt pattern.

Standard steel wheels would be fine, but I'd like to upgrade to
something fancier. My problem is most of the Internet dealers list their
wheels by the car make and model they fit, instead of by dimensions.

Does anyone know of a good source for this size wheel, besides Cobra?
Does anyone know what make and model cars use a wheel of this size?

I haven't tried searching the local wheel dealers or salvage yards, but
that's next if this query fails.

--
Eric Greenwell - Washington State, USA
* "Transponders in Sailplanes"http://tinyurl.com/y739x4
* "A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane Operation" atwww.motorglider.org

Discount Tire used to have a wheel catalog with sizes listed by
dimensions.

Old April 27th 07, 05:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS

On Apr 27, 5:34 am, wrote:
On Apr 26, 11:36 pm, Eric Greenwell wrote:

Discount Tire used to have a wheel catalog with sizes listed by
dimensions.

One spec that you need to pay attention to is offset, the position
of the hub relative to the center of the wheel.
Wheels with the right bolt pattern, diameter and width are easy to
find.
This link is a decent offset description.

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/tech/...jsp?techid=101

Agnes sent me this specification for the standard 5.5" wide 14"
4x100 Cobra wheels, indicating a positive offset of 30 to 33mm. The J
is the code I'm uncertain of. My wheels have 4x100 instead of J
stamped on them.
5.5 J x 14, ET 30 - 33.
Jim

Old April 28th 07, 03:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Gary Emerson

Eric Greenwell wrote:

Standard steel wheels would be fine, but I'd like to upgrade to
something fancier.

what about...

http://www.discountedwheelwarehouse....ue&SnipID=4106
Old April 28th 07, 03:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell

Gary Emerson wrote:
Eric Greenwell wrote:

Standard steel wheels would be fine, but I'd like to upgrade to
something fancier.

what about...

http://www.discountedwheelwarehouse....ue&SnipID=4106

Too big! My Feng-shui would be undone.

* "A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane Operation" at www.motorglider.org

Cobra Trailer [email protected] Soaring 22 December 7th 06 11:38 PM
Help - Cobra Trailer Trim? WDM Soaring 2 January 12th 05 07:47 PM
Replacing Cobra trailer wheels samcgiltner Soaring 8 August 12th 04 07:46 PM
Cobra Trailer Soaring 1 September 28th 03 01:14 PM
FS: Cobra Trailer Ed Byars Soaring 0 September 22nd 03 04:47 PM