Comair Accident pilot sues...

Old August 28th 07, 02:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Comair Accident pilot sues...

Well, after one of the most idiotic accidents in US air carrier
history, we have (as expected) a bunch of lawsuits. But now we have a
new one...the 'pilot' who flew Comair 5191 off the wrong runaway,
killing all of his passenegrs has decided it really isn't HIS fault
that he didn't follow sterile cockpit rules, and that he didn't verify
he was on the correct runway, and that he didn't even think about the
fact that he was on an unlighted runway that is half the width of the
standard runway, and that he ignored multiple airline rules and
procedures...he has decided that it is the fault of the company that
installed the lighting on the CORRECT runway. The story is at

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.d...IZ01/708280392

So when we complain about stupid lawsuits that end up hurting us as
pilots, and end up hurting aviation as a whole? Here is one of our own
(altho I don't consider James Polehinke, the FO in question, a pilot
in any sense of the word, since he so egregiously abused his position,
and [thank God] he will never fly again) filing an absurd lawsuit
refusing to acknowledge that he and the equally incompetent Captain
were the ones at fault for the death of 49 passengers. Ahh...the
American Justice system in action.

Cap

Old August 28th 07, 05:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
S Green

wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

We get the justice system we deserve.

Old August 28th 07, 08:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

So when we complain about stupid lawsuits that end up hurting us as
pilots, and end up hurting aviation as a whole? Here is one of our own
(altho I don't consider James Polehinke, the FO in question, a pilot
in any sense of the word, since he so egregiously abused his position,
and [thank God] he will never fly again) filing an absurd lawsuit
refusing to acknowledge that he and the equally incompetent Captain
were the ones at fault for the death of 49 passengers. Ahh...the
American Justice system in action.

Cap

Clearly he is just trying to cover his own ass by blame-shifting.

Dean

Old August 28th 07, 09:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bob Noel

In article ,
"S Green" wrote:

We get the justice system we deserve.

Legal system. If only it were just.

--
Bob Noel
(goodness, please trim replies!!!)

Old August 28th 07, 10:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gattman[_2_]

We get the justice system we deserve.

I don't know how to agree with that. I've never sued anyone.

-c

Old August 28th 07, 11:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
tom418

So, by that Comair F/O's twisted logic: If I am in a bus accident in New
York, I can sue one of the taxicab companies since, if they were better
drivers, I would have taken a cab and not the bus, and avoided the bus
accident. LOL!!!!
"Kloudy via AviationKB.com" u33403@uwe wrote in message
wrote:

Here is one of our own filing an absurd lawsuit
refusing to acknowledge that he and the equally incompetent Captain
were the ones at fault for the death of 49 passengers. Ahh...the
American Justice system in action.

Cap

He did receive "severe traumatic brain injury". Frivolous lawsuit as

symptom
of cerebral insult.
That would help explain some other legal assertions of historical note.

Old August 29th 07, 12:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Luke Skywalker

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.d...70828/BIZ01/70...

So when we complain about stupid lawsuits that end up hurting us as
pilots, and end up hurting aviation as a whole? Here is one of our own
(altho I don't consider James Polehinke, the FO in question, a pilot
in any sense of the word, since he so egregiously abused his position,
and [thank God] he will never fly again) filing an absurd lawsuit
refusing to acknowledge that he and the equally incompetent Captain
were the ones at fault for the death of 49 passengers. Ahh...the
American Justice system in action.

Cap

Robert