Pilots: I think you'll like this!

Old February 17th 07, 12:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jay Honeck

Default Pilots: I think you'll like this!

Yes...but what is their motivation? What is the motivation for any
bureaucrat compared to a private corporation?

They're like the Borg. All they want is to replicate themselves, and
assimilate others. Power is their ultimate goal, and that means more
bureaucrats.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old February 17th 07, 12:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jay Honeck

The company I work for is moving into their building in Chicago. I'd promise
to give them all of our regards but I think we are going to have our own
entrance and set of elevators.

Speaking as a former employee of the Chicago Tribune, you have my
deepest sympathies...

I would work anywhere on the planet before downtown Chicago.

But be sure to give my regards to Daley for me, won't you?

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old February 17th 07, 01:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
B A R R Y

On 17 Feb 2007 04:47:54 -0800, "Jay Honeck"
wrote:

The company I work for is moving into their building in Chicago. I'd promise
to give them all of our regards but I think we are going to have our own
entrance and set of elevators.

Speaking as a former employee of the Chicago Tribune, you have my
deepest sympathies...

Did you ever get to eat at the "Cheeseburger, cheeseburger, Pepsi,
Pepsi" diner? G

Old February 17th 07, 04:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Vaughn Simon

"Matt Barrow" wrote in message
"Vaughn Simon" wrote in message

"Dan Luke" wrote in message
And the FAA's motiviation is...what, benign benvolence?

On this issue the FAA is motivated by their boss, the guy who lives in
the big white house.

Non-answer.

Sorry, but no, it is not a non-answer. The administration makes policy and
the bureaus execute that policy. That is how our government works.

On the aviation funding issue, if you are aiming your complaints at the
FAA, you are wasting your effort. The policy is coming from "on high", the same
place that the governmental budget comes from.

Vaughn

Old February 17th 07, 08:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Matt Barrow[_3_]

"Dan Luke" wrote in message
And the FAA's motiviation is...what, benign benvolence?

On this issue the FAA is motivated by their boss, the guy who lives
in the big white house.

Non-answer.

Sorry, but no, it is not a non-answer. The administration makes
policy and the bureaus execute that policy. That is how our government
works.

First, you don't understand legislative/execute seperation.

Further, you sure don't understand the bureaucracy.

What you may be thinking of is the old "Spoils System", but it hasn't been
such since the rise of the Civil (Dis)Service System in the 19th century.

On the aviation funding issue, if you are aiming your complaints at
the FAA, you are wasting your effort. The policy is coming from "on
high", the same place that the governmental budget comes from.

Congress.

Old February 17th 07, 08:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Matt Barrow[_3_]

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
oups.com...
Yes...but what is their motivation? What is the motivation for any
bureaucrat compared to a private corporation?

They're like the Borg. All they want is to replicate themselves, and
assimilate others. Power is their ultimate goal, and that means more
bureaucrats.

BINGO!
IOW: self-perpetuation.

I'll have to send you a cigar...or have the bureaucrats banned them where
you live?! :~)

Old February 18th 07, 05:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jay Honeck

I'll have to send you a cigar...or have the bureaucrats banned them where
you live?! :~)

Nope, they're still obtainable here. But you can't smoke 'em
anywhere!

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old February 18th 07, 03:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Vaughn Simon

"Matt Barrow" wrote in message

Sorry, but no, it is not a non-answer. The administration makes policy
and the bureaus execute that policy. That is how our government works.

First, you don't understand legislative/execute seperation.

Further, you sure don't understand the bureaucracy.

Sir, my graduate work is in Public Administration, I am a 37-year
government employee (37-year bureaucrat if you wish) and I think I understand
these things pretty well. My main point was that funding policy is not
generated in the FAA.

Vaughn