San Jose in November

Old October 2nd 03, 04:00 PM
Tim

Default San Jose in November

Hi

I'm going to be in San Jose in early November and may have a spare
day. Where would you go and why?

Cheers

Tim
--
Tim - ASW20CL "20"
Old October 2nd 03, 07:29 PM
Liam Finley

Tim wrote in message . ..
Hi

I'm going to be in San Jose in early November and may have a spare
day. Where would you go and why?

Cheers

Tim

I would go tour the Napa wine country. Or perhaps visit Monterey bay,
or a redwood forest.

I certainly would not waste my free day visiting a gliderport that
time of year.
Old October 3rd 03, 03:01 AM
Eric Niedrauer

On 2 Oct 2003 15:52:35 GMT, Bob Kuykendall wrote:

And if you
start driving the night before you can realistically
spend a day at either Truckee or (slightly further)
Minden and drive back that evening.

The Truckee glider operation is pretty much closed for the winter. They may
be giving 2-32 rides, but I'm guessing that is not what you were looking
for.

San Francisco or Monterey are usually nice to visit that time of the year.

-------------------
Eric Niedrauer
Private Pilot SEL, Glider, Instrument
Airframe & Powerplant Mechanic
-------------------
Old October 3rd 03, 04:49 PM
John Shelton

As long as you are going to San Jose, I would suggest taking the bus down to
Puerto Quepos south of Puntarenas. The fishing fleet come in every day and
has a fairly large catch of bluefin tuna. For beer, I prefer Imperial but
they are all good. I have a friend there who builds fishing boats and sells
fish to the Japanese market. Let me know and I can fix you up with a place
to stay. His wife is the ex-president's daughter.

Or, you can stay in the National Park in a tin roofed shack that was once
owned by Goldsmith Seeds. Tropical hardwood floors and hammocks. Monkeys in
the trees and parrots on the banister while you eat breakfast.

After you get tired of long beaches without any tourists (except for the
occasional Tica in a thong) you might go whitewater rafting. Lots of Class V
stuff. World class kick ass water.

There is also the cloud forest, some volcanoes, and the CIA airfield where I
used to work in Liberia. Don't go to the Caribbean side, though. Limon is a
dump.

You don't need to take a woman. There are lots of them there. They are all
literate and most speak English. Don't tell them you are a glider pilot or
they will drop you like a hot rock. Tell them you drive a backhoe or are a
drug smuggler. That always works for me.