Buy Glider without looking

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 26th 17, 06:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta
Default Buy Glider without looking

Accept the offer if it is what you're asking.* Tell him you will hold
the glider for him to collect AFTER the check has definitely cleared.*
Better yet, have him wire the funds.

On 12/26/2017 9:57 AM, Jonathon May wrote:
At 13:47 06 December 2017, AS wrote:
On Wednesday, December 6, 2017 at 7:08:00 AM UTC-5,

On Wednesday, December 6, 2017 at 6:26:52 AM UTC-5, Casey

Has anyone every sold a glider without the buyer looking at

I have my glider listed for sell and the guy is buying without

at it and sending a cashiers check and arranging shipping....sound
I have sold 2 gliders w/o buyer seeing it but your question (I

gue in cheek) raises red flags. My local gliderport had 3 gliders

or sale and all 3 of us got the same offer. The language in the

n intimates the buyer has no knowledge of soaring. One buyer

gave a
address which I Googled. It was a vacant house! Check the SSA

website to
determine if the buyer is a member. If the offer still doesn't pass

ell test insist the buyer send his rep to inspect the ship.

One buyer gave a mailing address which I Googled. It was a

That poor Nigerian Prince probably had to sell all his earthly

nd move out of his house just to afford your glider! C'mon - have

a heart
nd accept his offer - it's close to Christmas! ;-)
But seriously - the same scam is being pulled worldwide on

anything from
anes, cars and boats. The German soaring forum is full of

warnings about
.. A serious buyer will not object to presenting a cashier's check or

transfer. =20

Just had a gent offer full £154,000.00 for my duo and wants me to
send my detail so he can send a cheque.
Well it is Christmas !

Dan, 5J