Traffic with direction

Old August 8th 05, 02:43 PM
jmk

The Monroy has lots of problem with water reflections. So yes, you
could be seeing your on transponder. Of course, the Monroy has LOTS of
problems, period. So...

Old August 8th 05, 04:12 PM
Thomas Borchert

Jmk,

So...

So he was talking about the TrafficScope, period.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old August 8th 05, 04:58 PM
jmk

Not sure I see your point. ACTUALLY, he was talking about his
transponder. He was questioning whether the reflections of the
transponder reply off water could be tricking the VRX into generating a
false target. As I stated, the Monroy ATC (which is a LOT less
sophisticated) certainly sees water reflections from on-host
transponders, so that indeed that could very likely be what is
happening in his TrafficScope. Period! G

Old August 10th 05, 01:24 AM
RST Engineering

Where the hell were they at Oshkosh? THis certainly would have been a
contender for our "best of show" awards. I must have combed the four
commercial buildings for two days without running across them.

Jim

wrote in message
oups.com...
I saw this at Oshkosh last week and got to see it work.

Old August 10th 05, 06:44 AM
Rich

I think some of the confusion may have been their company name. From
what they told me earlier this year, they started as SureCheck.
However, during their progression in developing the XRX, they aquired a
couple of investors who insisted on splitting their company into two
portions. One which focuses on Pilot supplies (i.e. checklists,
kneeboards, etc) and one which is devoted to avionics. (I understand
this well, as I too went through a similar type of transition when I
was in the food industry, and our company had to split to accomodate an
accounting transition between commercial food service and CFSAN
transition for public schools.) The avionics are now handled by a new
corporation Zaon Flight Systems. They where in Hangar C if memory
serves me correctly.