Lange in financial trouble!

Old July 29th 07, 01:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
rk

Default Lange in financial trouble!

From Streckenflug.at:

"Inso IN 76/07 : In dem Insolvenzantragsverfahren über das Vermögen
der [Lange Flugzeugbau GmbH], Brüsseler Str. 30, 66482 Zweibrücken (AG
Zweibrücken, HRB 1574), vertr. d.: Axel Lange, Hautpstr. 30, 66484
Kleinsteinhausen, (Geschäftsführer) ist am 26.07.2007 um 08:30 Uhr die
vorläufige Verwaltung des Vermögens des Schuldners angeordnet worden.
Verfügungen der Schuldnerin sind nur mit Zustimmung des vorläufigen
Insolvenzverwalters wirksam. Zum vorläufigen Insolvenzverwalter ist
Rechtsanwalt Norman Häring, Wilhelm-Theodor-Römheld-Str. 14, 55130
Mainz, Tel.: 06131/28500, Fax: 06131/285028 bestellt worden.
Amtsgericht Zweibrücken."

I hope the company is not going belly up...

Old July 29th 07, 02:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JC

English translation via bable fish:

"Inso IN 76/07: In the insolvency request procedure over the fortune [
long aircraft construction GmbH ], Brussels STR. 30, 66482 two-bridges
(AG two-bridges, HRB 1574), vertr. D: Axel is enough, for Hautpstr.
30, 66484 small stone living, (managing director) to 26.07.2007 at
08:30 o'clock the provisional administration of the fortune of the
debtor was arranged. Orders of the debtor company are effective only
with agreement of the provisional insolvency manager. To the
provisional insolvency manager is attorney Norman Haering, William
Theodor Roemheld STR. 14, 55130 Mainz, Tel.: 06131/28500. Fax:
06131/285028 ordered. District court two-bridges."

From Streckenflug.at:

Old July 30th 07, 09:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Markus Graeber

Could maybe Dave Nadler enlighten us with what happened? It would be
very sad to see a world class product like the Antares disappear that
way... I read up a bit on the German forum, it sounds like it it not a
problem of orders but of recently dropping production rate plus maybe
the fact that they have to bring some 30 pre-certification gliders up
to certification standards now that they finally achieved full
certification...

Markus Graeber

Old July 30th 07, 10:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi,

I was fortunate to get the opportunity to sit in and "play with" an Antares
at the soaring contest in Albert Lea this spring. It is an awesome machine.
The extent to which the details are worked out is extremely impressive. It
is the "best engineered" glider I've ever seen - at least that was my
impression. I would be very surprised if the company cannot find
investors - if necessary.

Good Soaring,

Paul Remde

oups.com...

Old August 3rd 07, 01:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Jul 29, 8:27 am, rk wrote:
I hope the company is not going belly up...

Lange Flugzeugbau has had some financial difficulties, and
this is hopefully the quickest way to get the firm recapitalized
and on sound footing. Meanwhile, the firm continues to operate
(as explained to me, under the German equivalent of USA
bankruptcy protection). Let's hope for a speedy resolution
and return to normal operation !

Official announcements will be posted he

http://www.lange-flugzeugbau.de/htm/...news/news.html

Best Regards, Dave "YO"

PS: I'm loving my Antares 20E here. My most recent flight is
http://www3.onlinecontest.org/olc-2....tId=1612710313
You can see how easy it is to extend and run the engine
as I was a bit optimistic with the shutdown after launch...
Wish I had more time to fly it !