Check in ...East Coast BLACKOUT

Old August 15th 03, 07:41 PM
Roger Halstead

On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 14:19:58 -0400, Peter R.
wrote:

Roger Halstead ) wrote:

BTW, that "out east" is kind of a slight to the people who are without
power. It extends to the west as far as (and apparently started in
Ohio). It also covers a good portion of lower Michigan

Roger, any point east of California is out east to some!

Point taken:-))

One thing that has changed...my posts are showing up right away...they
often take as long as 12 to 24 hours on some of the newsgroups.

www.rogerhalstead.com
N833R World's oldest Debonair? (S# CD-2)
Old August 15th 03, 08:47 PM
Evan Hunt

Don't blame me, I voted for "Dave Stadt" .
One government nit wit gave out a WEB address on a news program for those
without power to log onto to get status of the problem. Announcer made a
comment about the guy being out of touch with reality and dumped the phone
line.

Was that Ted Koppel? If so, it was a crank call, from a website that
does things like that and puts the audio clips online. Pretty feeble.
(I'm not gonna mention the URL, because they just want attention and
I see no reason to give it to them.)

--
Evan Hunt
ethanol at armory dot com
Old August 15th 03, 09:31 PM
Tom S.

"Morgans" wrote in message

"Roger Halstead" wrote in message

One thing that has changed...my posts are showing up right away...they
often take as long as 12 to 24 hours on some of the newsgroups.

Roger Halstead

*****************************

Really? Mine commonly show up within 2 or 3 minutes.

Mine show up in seconds. Hit "send", then "refresh" and there it is.

Old August 15th 03, 09:37 PM
Tom S.

"Dave Stadt" wrote in message
news
One government nit wit gave out a WEB address on a news program for those
without power to log onto to get status of the problem. Announcer made a
comment about the guy being out of touch with reality and dumped the phone
line.

Like the Dilbert cartoon:

Dilbert to network guy: "Hey, my network connection is dead".
Network guy: "Send me an e-mail about it. I can't do anything unless you
send me a repair request."
Dilbert: "But my network connection is dead."
Network guy: "So fill out the online request form".

Old August 15th 03, 09:38 PM
Tom S.

. ..

It's http://www.whitehouse.gov, right?

Old August 15th 03, 09:38 PM
Tom S.

"Paul Tomblin" wrote in message
Was that Ted Koppel? If so, it was a crank call, from a website that
does things like that and puts the audio clips online. Pretty feeble.

Koppel didn't even catch on when the "spokesman" said they were
communicating with the people in the subways with "wireless telepathy".

Neither the perpetrator, nor Koppel, nor Koppel's staff came out looking
particularly smart in that exchange.

Nothing new there.