Uh-oh: CBS News to air anti-GA hit piece on Wed. 1/14

Old January 14th 04, 05:16 AM
David H

Peter Gottlieb wrote:

Some people will be outraged, but for the most part those people have little
influence. For many people, either they will forget the report quickly
(after all, it is not news but entertainment), or they will think less of
CBS for airing it.

Let's hope that policymakers still have some sembelence of intelligence.

A thin reed to hang one's hope on. :/

Actually, I think the best we can hope for is something much more important and
newsworthy happening during the day to pre-empt this - like something involving
Michael Jackson....

David H
Boeing Field (BFI), Seattle, WA
Visit the Pacific Northwest Flying forum:
http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/pnwflying

Old January 14th 04, 05:36 AM
John Gaquin

"Maule Driver" wrote in message

I'm hoping that it is a more level headed report ...

From network news? a level-headed report? still smokin' that funny stuff,
huh?

Old January 14th 04, 10:00 AM
C J Campbell

"David H" wrote in message
| I just saw a "teaser" piece during the CBS Evening News promoting their
| "investigation" on security at GA airports, to air tomorrow (Wed.
| 1/14). It looks like it's going to be just awful.

The way to respond to shows like this is to increase security. If we see
news media photographing the airport or interviewing people at the airport,
we should tackle the reporter, throw him or her to the ground, and smash his
camera equipment. Then we should explain that we do not allow the airport or
personnel associated with the airport to be photographed or interviewed
because that would compromise security. They want tough security measures?
Then let's give them tough security measures!

Old January 14th 04, 01:20 PM
CFLav8r

This is all I could find on the CBS website:

NEW YORK

(CBS) And here's an early look at what we're working on for tomorrow's
broadcast:

There are thousands of general aviation airstrips around the country with
little or no security. How can that be after 9-11? We'll have the story on
Wednesday's CBS Evening News.

If you would like more information on any of these stories or the broadcast,
please click on the following address and e-mail us:

Attached Images
File Type: gif black.gif (43 Bytes, 1 views)
File Type: gif transp.gif (43 Bytes, 1 views)
Old January 14th 04, 01:32 PM
Tom Sixkiller

"C J Campbell" wrote in message

"David H" wrote in message
| I just saw a "teaser" piece during the CBS Evening News promoting their
| "investigation" on security at GA airports, to air tomorrow (Wed.
| 1/14). It looks like it's going to be just awful.

The way to respond to shows like this is to increase security. If we see
news media photographing the airport or interviewing people at the

airport,
we should tackle the reporter, throw him or her to the ground, and smash

his
camera equipment. Then we should explain that we do not allow the airport

or
personnel associated with the airport to be photographed or interviewed
because that would compromise security. They want tough security measures?
Then let's give them tough security measures!

I wonder why they don't check security on U-Haul parking lots (ala Oklahoma
City)?

Old January 14th 04, 01:34 PM
CFLav8r

This next link will take you to their video preview page where if you scroll
down to last link called-
Evening News: Next
It will bring up the ad for the GA piece.
What a farce!
I guess next they'll do a piece on how I can take my boat
anywhere I please without reporting to the Government.

http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/i_vi...s500251.shtml#

Old January 14th 04, 02:28 PM
Tom Sixkiller

"John Gaquin" wrote in message

"Maule Driver" wrote in message

I'm hoping that it is a more level headed report ...

From network news? a level-headed report? still smokin' that funny

stuff,
huh?

From CBS, no less; the folks that blew up a pickup truck to show how they
could...well, blow up.

Old January 14th 04, 02:29 PM
Tom Sixkiller

"Paul Folbrecht" wrote in message
nk.net...
I'll write them. Everybody needs to write them. Can the media in this
country possibly get any more pathetic?

Yes -- CNN!

Old January 14th 04, 03:25 PM
Jim Buckridge

David H wrote in message ...
I just saw a "teaser" piece during the CBS Evening News promoting their
"investigation" on security at GA airports, to air tomorrow (Wed.
1/14). It looks like it's going to be just awful.

Snipped from the CBS website: There's an email address I plan on
sending an email to.

----------------------------

Old January 14th 04, 04:51 PM
C J Campbell

"Tom Sixkiller" wrote in message

| "John Gaquin" wrote in message
|
| "Maule Driver" wrote in message
|
| I'm hoping that it is a more level headed report ...
|
| From network news? a level-headed report? still smokin' that funny
| stuff,
| huh?
|
| From CBS, no less; the folks that blew up a pickup truck to show how they
| could...well, blow up.

I believe that was NBC. The truck would not blow up when rammed from the
side so they attached fireworks to make sure that they got a nice explosion.
Then they ran a show on how dangerous the truck was. This was one of those
rare cases where the manufacturer successfully sued for defamation.