NBC News Attempt To Discredit GA

Old August 14th 04, 04:12 AM
Tom S.

"TTA Cherokee Driver" wrote in message
C J Campbell wrote:

It makes a lot of sense when you consider that both the liberal media

and
the Democrats have been saying that Bush is ignoring important terrorism
issues. If Kerry is elected, expect a lot more restrictions on GA.

Considering the fact that, unlike Bush, Kerry is not requesting pop-up
TFRs everywhere he campaigns, this is a pretty wrongheaded statement.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Oh, gullibility.

This is the clown that got a fire hydrant moved from in front of his house
as being "inconvenient".

Old August 14th 04, 06:57 AM
C J Campbell

"Matt Whiting" wrote in message
C Kingsbury wrote:

"C J Campbell" wrote in message

This seems incredibly dangerous. A lot of pilots have made the decision

never allow themselves to be hijacked, no matter what. So these

'reporters'
start pulling out knives or other weapons:

My instinct would be to kill them without hesitation. Nor would I

believe
them if they started claiming that they were only reporters. Any

hijacker
could claim that.

Bloody awesome story. Great catch by the FBO team, and a reminder to
the rest of us that it's not just terrorists we need to be vigilant
against. The more we prove we can police ourselves well, the less the
public will demand government agencies to do it for us.

I strongly doubt these guys had any intention of pulling their toys
out in flight, but rather simply wanted to prove they had been able to
get them on. Even a reporter couldn't be that stupid.

-cwk.

Don't underestimate reporters. They were stupid enough to put
explosives in a Chevy pickup and blow it up claiming it was a defective
fuel tank design.

People with brains don't go into the news reporting business.

Please don't include portions of posts made by others and attribute them to
me. I did not say what your post says I said.

Old August 14th 04, 10:09 AM
Henry A. Spellman

If NBC has any integrity, they will run the story, showing that some
people out there are awake and taking the terrorism threat seriously.

But I doubt that they will, and I will have to put them in the same
category I use for CBS - purveyors of only the news that supports their
point of view. Too bad.

Hank
Henry A. Spellman
Comanche N5903P

Rosspilot wrote:
My email to NBC:
***************************

I read with disgust and contempt of your reporter's attempt to "expose"
security lapses at a St Louis airport.

The relentless and unfair "piling on" General Aviation to instill unwarranted
fear in a population that is basically ignorant about aviation is a disservice.
NBC News loses credibility when these stories are pursued for sensationalism
and ratings. Shame on you.

General Aviation had NOTHING to do with 911 or terrorism. Innocent law-abiding
pilots who earn a living flying are being unfairly scapegoated because we are a
small and un-influential constituency.

I have lost all my respect for your organization. Chet Huntley is spinning in
his grave.

Lee Ross
New York
www.Rosspilot.com

Old August 14th 04, 11:36 AM
Bob Noel

In article , TTA Cherokee Driver
wrote:

If Kerry is elected, expect a lot more restrictions on GA.

Considering the fact that, unlike Bush, Kerry is not requesting pop-up
TFRs everywhere he campaigns, this is a pretty wrongheaded statement.

I suppose that behind the scenes then lt gov Kerry was fighting
Dukakis and the NIMBY goons in an attempt convince them of the need
for 14/32 at KBOS?

--
Bob Noel
Seen on Kerry's campaign airplane: "the real deal"
Old August 14th 04, 11:37 AM
Bob Noel

In article 9FkTc.149574$eM2.97519@attbi_s51, "Henry A. Spellman"
wrote:

If NBC has any integrity, they will run the story, showing that some
people out there are awake and taking the terrorism threat seriously.

more likely they'll show how close they came...

Old August 14th 04, 12:30 PM
jls

wrote:

If NBC has any integrity, they will run the story, showing that some
people out there are awake and taking the terrorism threat seriously.

more likely they'll show how close they came...

Close? It looked like they were a country mile away from getting in.
They barely even got through the gate to the airport.

Old August 14th 04, 12:40 PM
Gary Drescher

"Henry A. Spellman" wrote in message
If NBC has any integrity, they will run the story, showing that some
people out there are awake and taking the terrorism threat seriously.

But I doubt that they will, and I will have to put them in the same
category I use for CBS - purveyors of only the news that supports their
point of view. Too bad.

They already ran the story, as AOPA's web site has noted. Phil Boyer
remarked: "And to NBC: We appreciate that you accurately reported these
misguided escapades on tonight's network news."

--Gary

Hank
Henry A. Spellman
Comanche N5903P

Rosspilot wrote:
My email to NBC:
***************************

Old August 14th 04, 12:45 PM
Matt Whiting

Well, according to my newsreader, on 8/13/04 at 4:11 AM you said:

"This seems incredibly dangerous. A lot of pilots have made the decision
to never allow themselves to be hijacked, no matter what. So these
'reporters' start pulling out knives or other weapons:

My instinct would be to kill them without hesitation. Nor would I
believe them if they started claiming that they were only reporters. Any
hijacker could claim that."

This is exactly what is attributed to you above. What part do you deny
saying?

Matt

Old August 14th 04, 01:25 PM
Tom S.

wrote:

If NBC has any integrity, they will run the story, showing that some
people out there are awake and taking the terrorism threat seriously.

more likely they'll show how close they came...

Close? It looked like they were a country mile away from getting in.
They barely even got through the gate to the airport.

Well, that's _THE REALITY_, but not reality according to the media.