Ron did it!!

Old September 25th 06, 02:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Bob Noel

Default Ron did it!!

In article ,
Margy Natalie wrote:

Now I guess I
should fly all the time, in case it's IFR on the way back so he gets
that leg ... Nah, I don't think I can manage to make that even close to
believable :-).

You fly first leg - then he flies the return trip under the hood for practice.

evil grin

--
Bob Noel
Looking for a sig the

Old September 25th 06, 03:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Emily[_1_]

Bob Noel wrote:
In article ,
Margy Natalie wrote:

Now I guess I
should fly all the time, in case it's IFR on the way back so he gets
that leg ... Nah, I don't think I can manage to make that even close to
believable :-).

You fly first leg - then he flies the return trip under the hood for practice.

evil grin

Minus a DG and AI.....
Old September 25th 06, 03:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Bob Noel

In article ,
Emily wrote:

Now I guess I
should fly all the time, in case it's IFR on the way back so he gets
that leg ... Nah, I don't think I can manage to make that even close to
believable :-).

You fly first leg - then he flies the return trip under the hood for
practice.

evil grin

Minus a DG and AI.....

ok, take away the GPS too. :-)

--
Bob Noel
Looking for a sig the

Old September 25th 06, 03:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Emily[_1_]

Bob Noel wrote:
In article ,
Emily wrote:

Now I guess I
should fly all the time, in case it's IFR on the way back so he gets
that leg ... Nah, I don't think I can manage to make that even close to
believable :-).
You fly first leg - then he flies the return trip under the hood for
practice.

evil grin

Minus a DG and AI.....

ok, take away the GPS too. :-)

Well, of course. g

I think the first 50 hours after I got my instrument were spent flying
minus most of my instruments. I'd kill myself doing that now.
Old September 25th 06, 05:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
karl gruber[_1_]

Congratulations.................it's about time!!!!!

Karl
"Curator"

"Margy Natalie" wrote in message
m...
As of this morning Ron Natalie is an instrument rated pilot!! I guess all
those impromptu extra vacation days due to haze are over :-). This is
great!

Margy

Old September 25th 06, 05:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Jack Allison[_1_]

And he's not posting about it? What's up with that? :-)

Very cool. The instrument rating is quite a challenge.

--
Jack Allison
PP-ASEL-Instrument Airplane

"To become a Jedi knight, you must master a single force. To become
a private pilot you must strive to master four of them"
- Rod Machado

Old September 25th 06, 05:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

On 24-Sep-2006, "M" wrote:

Now remember, IFR in a light plane can only really safely go in about
20% of the instrument weather mother nature can throw at you.

Where, prey tell, does THAT number come from? Grossly pessimistic IMHO.

However, an instrument rated pilot can go in about 40% of the VFR
weather that would have been too risky for a VFR-only pilot to attempt,
due to the the risk of weather closing in being too great.

Except in the case of thunderstorms (below which weather might be
technically VFR), virtually any VFR weather would be safe for IFR
operations. The only exception that comes to mind would be in cases where
cloud bases are below MEA but above VFR minimums and there is risk of icing
in the clouds at MEA or below.

Therefore paradoxically, by getting an instrument rating you will find
yourself flying a lot more VFR than you had before :-)

I hope not! if it's marginal VFR, you are probably MUCH safer flying IFR.

-Elliott Drucker
Old September 25th 06, 06:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Cecil Chapman

Pass the congrats along! That is quite an accomplishment as the I.R. is
quite a challenge on so many levels!

Extra helping of celebration cake for Ron!

=-----
Good Flights!

Cecil E. Chapman
CFI-A, CP-ASEL-IA

Check out my personal flying adventures from my first flight to the
checkride AND the continuing adventures beyond!
Complete with pictures and text at: www.bayareapilot.com

- Antoine de Saint-Exupery -

"We who fly, do so for the love of flying. We are alive in the air with
this miracle that lies in our hands and beneath our feet"
- Cecil Day Lewis -

Old September 25th 06, 07:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Dave S

Congrats Ron...

Jay... yer next!! Even if you never file... its good training and
experience..

Dave

Old September 25th 06, 12:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Ron Natalie

kontiki wrote:
M wrote:

Now remember, IFR in a light plane can only really safely go in about
20% of the instrument weather mother nature can throw at you.

Where do you get that fact? Except for icing and altitudes requiring OX
there isn't anything particularly more limiting about light planes over
heavy planes.

I have oxygen. I don't however have a turbocharger so I'm really
practically low side of the reg-required oxygen altitudes. Margy
and I believe in liberal use of O2 (especially now that we have
the system in the plane).