Why didn't GWB join the U.S. Air Force ?

Old July 12th 04, 04:18 AM
Steven P. McNicoll

"ArtKramr" wrote in message

Clearly the worst president in American history.

You're thinking of his predecessor.

Old July 12th 04, 04:20 AM
Steven P. McNicoll

"WalterM140" wrote in message

Not worth 7,000 US casulaties, including almost 900 KIA.

You think light casualties are a bad thing? Are you sure you were a marine?
You don't sound like you have any military experience at all.

Old July 12th 04, 04:20 AM
Steven P. McNicoll

"George Z. Bush" wrote in message

The Texas Air National Guard is NOT the U. S. Air Force.

So why did their aircraft have "U. S. AIR FORCE" written on their sides?

Old July 12th 04, 10:06 AM
Fred J. McCall

Ian MacLure wrote:

:"John A. Weeks III" wrote in
:
:
: We all know why
: he couldn't take his flight physical that lead to Bush getting
: grounded...he was taking coke and would have failed the blood
: tests.
:
: So you say.
: You still haven't demonstrated any requirement for drug
: testing during the period in question and one poster
: claims it wasn't instituted until a couple of years later.
: Seems to me balls in your court.

And it was NEVER done in conjunction with a physical. Drug screenings
were always separate in order to document and maintain chain of
custody of the sample.

Mr Weeks is a liar.

--
"False words are not only evil in themselves, but they infect the
soul with evil."
Old July 12th 04, 02:36 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"B2431" wrote in message

Now let me as you a question. Did you give Clinton as hard a time as Bush?

At
least Bush served.

Come on now. You know he didn't. This isn't a matter of principle to him,
it's partisanship.

Old July 12th 04, 03:51 PM
George Z. Bush

R. David Steele wrote:
Why didn't GWB join the U.S. Air Force ?

He did join the US Air Force.

The Texas Air National Guard is NOT the U. S. Air Force.

Is that like saying that the SeaBees aren't really part of the navy?

The Texas ANG is a state organization until such time as it's activated, and
the only time its members are in the USAF as such is when they've been
activated, either as a unit or as individuals. In Dubya's case, he was only
active during his flight training.....the rest of his service was in a state
organization. The Seabees were different....they were an integral part of
the Navy at the time, as was the submarine service, etc. If you enlisted in
the Seabees, you were in the Navy from day one.

To the best of my knowledge, the Texas ANG was never federalized as a unit
during the VN War, although individual members who may have volunteered would
have been activated and assigned to active USAF units.

See the difference?

We have the concept of one service. Thus the Air Guard wears US
Air Force on their uniforms, not Texas Guard. The same for the
Army Guard. Their uniforms say US Army.

In fact 98% of the money that the Guard has to spend comes from
federal sources, not state. The states spend very little for the
Guard. While many states do mismanage their Guard programs, that
does not belittle those who serve in the Guard.

That does not change a thing. Whether or not you agree, the ANG is NOT a part
of the active establishment until it is federalized and activated. Until that
time, they answer to their governors only, regardless of where the money for
their operations comes from.

.....Frankly those who have not served need to keep quiet on these
matters.

I've got three wars under MY belt.....how many do you have (not counting the
iddy biddy ones like Panama or Granada)? I paid my dues to be able to speak,
and if you don't like what I'm saying, just change the station because I'm not
about to shut up just because you think I should.

George Z.