IFR Cancellation Question

Old December 11th 06, 04:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
John R. Copeland

Default IFR Cancellation Question

"Ron Natalie" wrote in message ...
Roy Smith wrote:

There is an anti-flight plan floating around in a parallel universe. When
your wheels touch the ground the two universes come into contact and the
flight plan and the anti-flight plan annihilate each other.

And a photon is emitted (either that or the end of the universe occurs).

Ha!
And if something other than wheels touch ground, that photon is LARGER.

Old December 11th 06, 05:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Ron Natalie

Steven P. McNicoll wrote:
A Lieberma wrote:
Plenty of busy UNcontrolled and D class airports underlay the shelfs of B
and C....

Can you name some of them?

I can spot a few on the top 50 towers list put out by the FAA.
All are class D outside, but under the floor of class C/B airspace.

VNY is the busiest GA airport in the country. It's far busier by
any measure than BUR whose class C it underlies.

APA is the 25th busiest airport in the country and is under DEN's
shelf.

DVT is the 27th (under PHX).

LGB at #30 is under LAX.
Old December 11th 06, 05:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Ron Natalie

Ron Natalie wrote:

I can spot a few on the top 50 towers list put out by the FAA.
All are class D outside, but under the floor of class C/B airspace.

VNY is the busiest GA airport in the country. It's far busier by
any measure than BUR whose class C it underlies.

Well not by any measure. It has zero scheduled air service.
Old December 11th 06, 06:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Steven P. McNicoll[_2_]

Ron Natalie wrote:

I can spot a few on the top 50 towers list put out by the FAA.
All are class D outside, but under the floor of class C/B airspace.

VNY is the busiest GA airport in the country. It's far busier by
any measure than BUR whose class C it underlies.

APA is the 25th busiest airport in the country and is under DEN's
shelf.

DVT is the 27th (under PHX).

LGB at #30 is under LAX.

What would you do as you approached them while on flight following,
assuming you do not yet have the field in sight and the controller
instructed you to report the field?

Old December 11th 06, 11:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
A Lieberma

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in
oups.com:

http://www.faa.gov/airports_airtraff...ations/atpubs/
ATC/Chp7/atc0702.html

http://www.faa.gov/airports_airtraff...ations/atpubs/
ATC/Chp7/atc0704.html

Thank you....

Sheez, this was like extracting a tooth.... Would have been nice for you to
say hey Allen, check out yada yada yada to correct the error of my ways.

Allen
Old December 11th 06, 11:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Steven P. McNicoll[_2_]

A Lieberma wrote:

Thank you....

You're welcome.

Sheez, this was like extracting a tooth....

I know the feeling well.

Would have been nice for you to
say hey Allen, check out yada yada yada to correct the error of my ways.

Why wasn't my word good enough?

Old December 12th 06, 01:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
A Lieberma

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in
oups.com:

Why wasn't my word good enough?

I live by the words, trust but verify.....

Allen
Old December 12th 06, 03:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Steven P. McNicoll[_2_]

A Lieberma wrote:
"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in
oups.com:

Why wasn't my word good enough?

I live by the words, trust but verify.....

Is that a recently acquired trait? Three days ago you wrote:

"If it's an IFR plane in front of you, you won't be cleared for the
visual to an UNcontrolled airport until that plane cancels his IFR. An
uncontrolled airport is literally shut down for IFR arrivals until that
IFR cancellation is received by the plane in front of you."

But that's not true, so it would appear you took somebody's word
without verification.

Old December 12th 06, 03:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Mike Adams[_2_]

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote:

DVT is the 27th (under PHX).

What would you do as you approached them while on flight following,
assuming you do not yet have the field in sight and the controller
instructed you to report the field?

Well since this is my home base, I would terminate flight following and request a frequency change when
about 10 miles from the airport, so I could give the tower a call. That is, if approach hadn't dropped me
before that.

Mike

Old December 12th 06, 03:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
A Lieberma

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in
ps.com:

Is that a recently acquired trait? Three days ago you wrote:

"If it's an IFR plane in front of you, you won't be cleared for the
visual to an UNcontrolled airport until that plane cancels his IFR. An
uncontrolled airport is literally shut down for IFR arrivals until that
IFR cancellation is received by the plane in front of you."

But that's not true, so it would appear you took somebody's word
without verification.

This was based on MY eperiences, quite frankly spelled out in another post.

I never said that somebody told me the above.

Allen

Lyc. O-360 cylinder question JB Owning 13 November 27th 04 09:32 PM
Handheld battery question RobsSanta General Aviation 8 September 19th 04 03:07 PM
A question on Airworthiness Inspection Dave S Home Built 1 August 10th 04 05:07 AM
Question Charles S Home Built 4 April 5th 04 09:10 PM
Partnership Question Harry Gordon Owning 4 August 16th 03 11:23 PM