OT-San Antonio Lodging

Old July 27th 09, 02:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Terry

Default OT-San Antonio Lodging

As a member of this newsgroup for many years, I thought this would be a
good place to get advice from my fellow pilots.

My son is leaving for Afghanistan on the 21st of Aug from Camp Bullis. I
am looking for a place to stay from Aug 20th - 22nd. Would like it to be
near the "River Walk" area so we can see some of the sights. We will be
flying into KSAN via commercial carrier and renting vehicle.

I know nothing about the San Antonio area as to a place that is a good,
clean, safe place to stay with reasonable rates and close to the River
Walk area. I understand rates will be higher near that area but $400.00
a night, is too much for my wallet.

Last time I was in San Antonio was in 1966 at Lackland AFB so any help
you might provide his mother and I would be very much appreciated.

Thanks to all for your patience

Terry N6401F

Old July 27th 09, 07:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Mike

I'm assuming you mean KSAT as KSAN would be one helluva commute.

I don't know where you're getting $400, unless you're trying to book a room
during some type of special event.

I've stayed at the Marriot Rivercenter several times and they are usually in
the $125-175 range. It's a nice hotel and right in the middle of where you
want to be.
http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...t-rivercenter/

Most of the stuff you'll want to see is within walking distance of the
hotel. As they charge for parking at the hotel and pretty much anywhere
around the tourist areas, you'd be better off and money ahead just taking
the shuttle to the hotel and not getting a rental car. On a 3 day trip you
won't run out of things to do and see within walking distance.

news

OT-San Antonio Lodging Terry Piloting 3 August 3rd 09 11:44 PM
GA airports in San Antonio, TX cpw Piloting 11 January 31st 08 03:50 AM
San Antonio [email protected] Soaring 1 December 3rd 06 12:32 AM
accident in San Antonio, TX [email protected] Soaring 14 June 29th 06 09:23 PM
Soaring Sites near San Antonio? Mike Soaring 6 March 20th 04 11:45 PM