PowerFLARM 2.71...WTF?

Old April 3rd 13, 01:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Daly[_2_]

Default PowerFLARM 2.71...WTF?

On Apr 3, 8:27*am, Dan Daly wrote:
There is a 2.7 beta version which is working well and with some pressure I am sure they will post it publicly soon. Perhaps try posting to their official forum athttp://flarm.invisionzone.com/index.php?showforum=6

Ramy

Ramy, with respect, I've been asking since October on the official
forum, and after 2.6 beta was released (on very short notice, which
was very good of them), there has been silence from the company. 3
February, 4 March, 3 April posts... deafening silence. *Even an auto
response ("Your business is important to us" - which normally bother
me) would be nice.

A lot of people view the requests, but no one posts to say they agree
- one voice from the wilderness is apparently easy to ignore.

I'll buy you a beer - Canadian beer - if you send me 2.7 beta. *I
promise, no one will ever know... really, I can keep my mouth shut
(though reviewing my posts on their website doesn't look like it).

I am very happy with the anti-collision, and PCAS functions, of my
Brick. I wish I had FLARMnet data in my display, but I'm more
concerned by what is out there, and less of "who".

Dan

I also have sent e-mail to my dealer, for him to pass on to the
company; I recommend everyone do that as well. To their dealers, of
course, not mine!

Dan
Old April 3rd 13, 02:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
FLARM

Feature complete PowerFLARM v3.0 firmware will be released before the end of April.
Documentation, webpage and communication updates are in process too, but firmware has top priority, for now.

The version which was tested by IGC/GFAC for the approval did fulfill their requirements, but did not contain some of the collision avoidance and other features which will be in v3.0.
Our release testing has become much lengthier and elaborate over the years; 'I think it works' is not sufficient...

Sorry for not monitoring R.A.S frequently, for completeness here our previous post:
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rec....s/2ShK5S6nXN8J

FLARM
Old April 4th 13, 11:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Daly[_2_]

On Apr 3, 9:13*am, FLARM wrote:
Feature complete PowerFLARM v3.0 firmware will be released before the end of April.

Thank you for the information.

Dan

Old April 4th 13, 09:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy[_1_]

On Wednesday, April 3, 2013 6:13:10 AM UTC-7, FLARM wrote:
Feature complete PowerFLARM v3.0 firmware will be released before the end of April. Documentation, webpage and communication updates are in process too, but firmware has top priority, for now. The version which was tested by IGC/GFAC for the approval did fulfill their requirements, but did not contain some of the collision avoidance and other features which will be in v3..0. Our release testing has become much lengthier and elaborate over the years; 'I think it works' is not sufficient... Sorry for not monitoring R.A.S frequently, for completeness here our previous post: https://groups.google..com/d/msg/rec...s/2ShK5S6nXN8J FLARM

Will version 3.0 offer any improvement in PCAS performance? As you say "I think it works" is not sufficient.

Andy
Old April 4th 13, 11:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
FLARM

v3.0 will include PCAS improvements.
Unfortunately PCAS is not an exact science, so don't expect miracles (yet)...
Old April 5th 13, 10:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jim[_31_]

On Thursday, April 4, 2013 6:08:09 PM UTC-4, FLARM wrote:
v3.0 will include PCAS improvements.

Unfortunately PCAS is not an exact science, so don't expect miracles (yet)...

As long as it works at least as good as a Zaon it will be sufficient.

-Jim
Old April 5th 13, 11:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andrzej Kobus

On Apr 4, 6:08*pm, FLARM wrote:
v3.0 will include PCAS improvements.
Unfortunately PCAS is not an exact science, so don't expect miracles (yet)...

Are you saying ZAON is a miracle?

Old April 6th 13, 02:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Brian[_1_]

2 of us flew with the 2.6 firmware yesterday, My understanding was that the 2.6 logger was supposed to work ok with OLC, but OLC is showing both flights as invalid.
Is there a trick to making it work on OLC?

Brian

Old April 6th 13, 03:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
brianDG303[_2_]

One week ago I updated my core to 2.60 with a USB drive connected to the remote USB socket. At the end of the day I downloaded the flight using the same USB stick and the menu option on the 57mm butterfly display and uploaded it to the OLC on someone else's PC. Easiest upload to the OLC I have ever done.

PowerFLARM 2.60 beta available [email protected] Soaring 7 November 2nd 12 12:11 AM
PowerFLARM Brick and PowerFLARM Remote Display Manuals Available Paul Remde Soaring 30 May 25th 12 11:58 PM
Status PowerFLARM for USA [email protected] Soaring 7 July 14th 11 07:24 PM
PowerFLARM Paul Remde Soaring 9 November 6th 10 04:30 AM
PowerFLARM Greg Arnold[_2_] Soaring 6 November 2nd 10 09:32 AM