evaluating aircraft

Old January 12th 06, 04:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default evaluating aircraft

("Aaron Coolidge" wrote)
My airplane is for sale at a price less than T-A-P and 15% less than Vref
with exactly zero interest from buyers.

What is it? ...found it.
http://alexisparkinn.com/rogue's_gallery_a-h.htm#C
1968 Piper Cherokee 180

How much you asking for it?
Features?
TSMO?
Any other info you want to share.

It's not spam if you're asked! g

The floor is yours.... :-)

Montblack

Old January 12th 06, 08:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Peter R. wrote:
: Aaron Coolidge wrote:

: My airplane is for sale at a price less than T-A-P and 15% less than
: Vref with exactly zero interest from buyers.

: What kind of aircraft?

Piper Cherokee 180 'D'. See http://www.psinteg.net/n9376j.html for details.

--
Aaron C.
Old January 12th 06, 09:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Aaron Coolidge wrote:

Piper Cherokee 180 'D'. See http://www.psinteg.net/n9376j.html for details.

Nice job presenting your airplane. If I were a potential buyer I'd like seeing
the kind of detail you present in your web site.

Dave
Old January 13th 06, 02:23 AM
figurado figurado is offline
Junior Member

I agree that you did a fairly good job on your website. There are a couple of factors that I would consider in the value. According to the TAP NAAA guidelines the damage incurred in 1969 would not be considered superficial but instead it would be major. The avionics may be slightly high because of the value of the autopilot. In the final analysis there are many other 180s out there for less with lower times. That fact combined with the soft market means that you may have to get down closer to $45k to generate some interest. It is a good looking plane. Good luck.
Old January 13th 06, 12:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Thanks guys for your help. We came to an agreed price that is in between the
two. It is higher than I would have paid if I was buying it outright, but
since I am only buying 1/4 of the plane, the difference is not worth
haggling over. The plane has been here, in a local partnership, for 20+
years. It has an established maintenance fund which adds value to the
partnership. My A&P is familiar with it and tells me that it's been well
maintained. The agreement that I made is contingent upon a pre-buy
inspection by my A&P.

It's not as capable as the Charger that I had, but I'll have a lot more
money in my pocket when all is said and done.

Greg (often reader, seldom poster)

"GE" wrote in message
Guys, thanks in advance for your help on this one. My airplane was lost in
Katrina (more on that later), and I am looking at buying a quarter share
of a local plane. I am trying to get a decent idea of the valuation of the
aircraft, which is a '79 Archer II. I have run the numbers on both the
National Aircraft Appraiser Association (NAAA) through Trade-a-Plane and
the AOPA's website, Vref. The NAAA is much more thorough, allowing you to
define each avionic, specify damage history, exact times for engine and
prop. The Vref is much less comprehensive. The results are vastly
different. The NAAA values the airplane at $61K while Vref values it at
$73K. I didn't expect them to be exactly the same, but that is a huge
difference. I suspect that the true market value is somewhere in between,
but where? Any ideas?