No discussion of the Narita crash?

Old March 27th 09, 02:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ron Garret

Default No discussion of the Narita crash?

Or did I just miss it?
Old March 27th 09, 04:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
John Clear

In article ,
Ron Garret wrote:
Or did I just miss it?

What is there to say? FedEx has had a bunch of similar MD-11
incidents and crashes (Since 1990, just FedEx MD-11s: Subic Bay:
a hull loss and tail strike*2; Memphis: tail strike; Anchorage:
tail strike*2; Newark: hull loss). The MD-11 is said to be very
pitch sensitive on landing, and the video of this crash seems to
indicate that.

John
--
John Clear - http://www.clear-prop.org/

Old April 1st 09, 05:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Mar 26, 10:43*pm, (John Clear) wrote:
In article ,
Ron Garret wrote:

Or did I just miss it?

What is there to say? *FedEx has had a bunch of similar MD-11
incidents and crashes (Since 1990, just FedEx MD-11s: Subic Bay:
a hull loss and tail strike*2; Memphis: tail strike; Anchorage:
tail strike*2; Newark: hull loss). *The MD-11 is said to be very
pitch sensitive on landing, and the video of this crash seems to
indicate that.

John
--
John Clear - * * * * * * * * *http://www..clear-prop.org/

Well, its nickname is the MD-911...
Old April 6th 09, 04:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

In article ,
Ron Garret wrote:

Or did I just miss it?

This is from one of my closest friends, who is a FEDEX Captain and
knows the MD11 quite well:

"There is no consensus yet about the MD-11 crash, all we know is that
the conditions were very windy with high gusts. My own questions run
around the issue of the known or suspected lack of pitch authority in
the landing regime and/or whether they may have landed with the
engines unspooled because of the gusts. Either way I stand by my
initial and long standing feeling that the MD-11 is a snake bit piece
of sh*t. Like Dennis Miller says, "That's just my opinion I could be
wrong"."

Pogue