Some things never change, thank goodness.

Old August 22nd 07, 01:49 AM posted to demon.local,comp.os.os2.advocacy,alt.astronomy,ne.weather,rec.aviation.products
Michael Baldwin, Bruce[_2_]

Default Some things never change, thank goodness.

anonym wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
On 21 Aug, 15:49, "anonym" wrote:
Old saying: "Poland - First to fight!"

Polscy eurodeputowani z oglosili, iz nie wezma udzialu w konferencji pt

[...]
"Polish Members of the European Parliament (entire political spectrum)
announced that they will not attend the so-called 'human rights
conference'
hosted by the European Parliament. The topic of the conference is 'Human
rights violation by Israel military'.

[...]
What we are
confronting here is an evil ideology. European Parliament can not be used
as
a 'megaphone' for notorious anti-Semites."

Kind of ironic though, given how many Jews were killed in Poland
during WW2.

Not the work of the Poles, though a very small minority were involved. That
does not detract from the fact that there were also some very dastardly
deeds committed by Poles - Catholics in the main - against Jews after WWII
had ended. Perhaps through experience they understand the subject better
than the residents of most other European nations and know where it all
leads to. (Or maybe do not bury their heads so much, as the French do, for
instance.)

Ach, pass the Slivovitz! (Again!) We are enjoying some fine examples of it
at the moment brought across from Poland by relatives. (They are on holiday,
BTW, and not looking for work, just in case any Daily Mail readers are tuned
in.) It was they who pointed me to the site.

Tonight we are mainly drinking English ale, Slivovitz, Scotch Whisky and
eating anything within reach, though must of it seems to have a sausage
appearance. (Down Chrith!) For some reason, the music appears to be mainly
American C&W, featuring such stars as The Killer (JLL), the late, great
Waylon Jennings and the odd ditty from Willie Nelson to keep things pc. LOL!
During a break in the proceedings a very accented voice broke into "Oh,
Susanna" and it sounds strange/funny hearing American songs sung in these
"furrin" accents. Perhaps that is what it was like in the 1800 ???'s. Life
must have been much simpler in those days when almost everyone would be a
"furriner" as soon as you left your own village.

Now I'm beginning to understand all those dumb Polack jokes.