What's your avorite airliner?

Old June 17th 04, 07:59 PM
Bob Myers

"Geoff Glave" wrote in message
om...

I love it when I get the odd chance to fly a triple-seven. Looking
WAY down at those huge engines and that giant fuselage. It's an
impressive plane.

Seconded! I was a bit surprised that no one else had mentioned
the 777 yet; I love 'em. Big, roomy, quiet, one of the best
overhead bin designs ever, and the majority of 'em I've been on
had the personal video screens in the seatbacks in coach.
First or business in a 777 is wonderful.

Bob M.

Old June 18th 04, 10:01 AM
David Cartwright

"james_anatidae" wrote in message
In an effort to get some on-topic messages in RTA, I ask "What is your
favorite airliner"? I remember a UA A320 I flew on a couple years ago to

be
quite pleasant.

I was spoilt, because the first airliner I flew on was a spanking new United
777, on its maiden commercial flight. Clean, spacious (it was a new flight
recently added to the schedule so there were only about 50 of us on it!),
the entertainment system worked properly, etc. Hugely powerful, too. I've
flown on various airliners since (737, 747, 757, 767 and more 777s, plus
various Airbuses, DC-10s, and so on) and I prefer the 777 out of all of
them.

D.

Old June 18th 04, 09:35 PM
Geoff Miller

Kevin Rhodes wrote:

RJ-85 as flown by NW Airlink (Mesaba). Very cool looking
plane, has GREAT first class seats

So how does the RJ-85 differ from the BAe 146 of the 1980s?

My personal nominaton: DC-8-62. I flew on one from SJC to
HNL in 1982 (United; probably one of their last narrowbody
flights between the Mainland and Hawaii), and I remember
that it was so quiet, I didn't even realize that the
engines had been started until we started taxiing. All
I could hear was the gentle hiss of the air conditioning.

I was dissappointed that the plane didn't have those cool
1960s-era DC-8 seats with the reading lights in the upper
corners of the seatbacks, thugh.

Geoff

--
"At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child -- miserable,
as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-
Old June 19th 04, 04:16 AM
Dean Wilkinson

Boeing 777, but I am biased. I worked as an engineer on the AIMS
Display System for the flight deck.

"james_anatidae" wrote in message ...
In an effort to get some on-topic messages in RTA, I ask "What is your
favorite airliner"? I remember a UA A320 I flew on a couple years ago to be
quite pleasant.

(And I ask if any of the many local trolls answer this message, you others
please don't encourage them.)

Old June 22nd 04, 10:30 AM
Pan

I agree about the DC-8s. I flew on a re-engined United DC-8 from Oakland to
HNL around 1990....best coach seats I ever had, wide and with great legroom.

Old June 28th 04, 01:23 AM
Damon Scott Hynes

I'm old-school: Either a 727-200 or an Elton Eleven.

The old Delta widget scheme made any plane look like it was moving even when
it was standing still.
The up-until-1982 Braniff scheme--no matter what color--was the shiznit,
too.

--
Damon Scott Hynes is your Turbo Lover

http://home.att.net/~damonhynes/

Old July 2nd 04, 03:16 AM
Jonathan

Damon Scott Hynes wrote:
I'm old-school: Either a 727-200 or an Elton Eleven.

The old Delta widget scheme made any plane look like it was moving even when
it was standing still.
The up-until-1982 Braniff scheme--no matter what color--was the shiznit,
too.

I have always liked the 737 (any variant)--of course that would be my
choice for a modern one. Of all time, it would probably have to be the
Super Constelation.
--
Jonathan,
www.virtual-hangar.com